BellaOnline
Are you your husband's best friend? Women like gal pals, but a lot of husbands say their wives are their very best friends.

Please check out my latest article and let me know what you think:

How to Be Your Husband's Best Friend
Great article Lori! And it makes a lot of sense. I know I hate when he nags at me, and I love when he supports me, so I'm sure it's the same for him.

Yeah, I'd love for him to make a few health changes, but he's just not there. But I don't ask.
The bottom line is not to be come his "mom" as you want to keep the "romance" ALIVE.
....Loving the portion of the article about how important it is to play together (in addition to *sex). We do a fair amount of goofing off; Doing little chair dances to commercial jingles. We also dance together while we cook weekend breakfast. As much as I enjoy goofing around; I especially love to with my fianc�!
Good point Angela - and this is a mistake my husband tends to make with me. He tries to be my father, and boss me around LOL!!! I just laugh at him and say "you know how creepy this whole thing is, right?"

He usually laughs. Other times he just sends me to my room LOL.
Good for you Deanna smile

WE as women have to DECIDE what we want out of our relationships and make it happen. Gone are those days of one partner "bossing" around the other (yes, I am also referring to us women = naggers). As the divorce rates increase, folks are beginning to realize that you have to work at any relationship and take care of yourself.

We get comfortable and forget to dress nicely and act nicely - and have date nights = just you and him smile
Posted By: AnneE Re: How to be your husband's best friend? - 02/28/11 04:46 PM
GREAT article! While I already do well in some of the areas you listed, there are others -- just hang out together, showing respect... that I need to work on. Thanks for the suggestions.

I also like the title of the article -- How to Be His Best Friend -- sounds like a more fun goal than Making Marriage Last or How to Stay Married.
© BellaOnline Forums