BellaOnline
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb How often do you wash your car? - 09/13/09 10:34 PM
I realize I am REALLY bad about washing my car. I have a Subaru Forester and I will literally not wash it all year. My boyfriend will eventually wash his car and wash mine while he's at it. Then the year starts again.

How often do you guys wash your cars?
Posted By: GrannyH Re: How often do you wash your car? - 09/13/09 10:59 PM
I think the answer to your questions depends completely on circumstances. I live half a block from a soybean processing plant. What happens there leaves a very fine white powder to drift in the air. I wash my house a few times each summer, dust furniture often, etc, etc, and at least wash my car windshield weekly. The other day I looked out my kitchen window and saw about 20 finches/sparrows pecking on the roof of my car just as if they were ground feeding. A couple were even perched on my rear-view mirror. My car got washed right away.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: How often do you wash your car? - 09/14/09 04:44 PM
Wow, I can't even imagine living in a situation like that! How can you breathe? You must live in a constant fog of soybean dust!
Posted By: Jilly Re: How often do you wash your car? - 09/14/09 05:11 PM
I like to keep the inside of my cars clean but i never mind the outside being dirty. I feel like it makes me less of a target for thieves or joyriders. In fact, when I go to Mexico, I throw more dirt over my cars.

A Forester! Lisa, that and the Outback are my dream cars. :-)

Granny, living out West dealing with dust everywhere is a way of life. Usually granite dust; sometimes limestone. I am just used to dust everywhere.

DH is in FL right now and he told me he is amazed at the lack of dust everywhere. I guess you just get used to thinking one's own situation is normal. :-)

Once a year if it needs it or not wink Seriously, I will run it through a carwash after taking it out in the winter. The salt and harsh chemicals are really hard on a vehicle. In the summer it is on its own, unless we are traveling, then it becomes a bug issue.
Posted By: M o e Re: How often do you wash your car? - 09/14/09 05:31 PM
I never ever wash the vehicles. But the man does it a few times a years (the inside more often). It's just one of those things I never worry about.
I rarely wash my car but with the summer we've had here in Ireland this year it doesn't really matter. It has rained nearly every day so I have the perfect excuse for not washing my car!
Never wash the car. I'm with Jilly -- I want it to look like less of a target for thieves. Another reason that I don't own a Porscheor a BMW. smile
The car and truck get washed only when it rains - the horse trailer on the other hand - only kidding - still only when it rains
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: How often do you wash your car? - 09/15/09 01:07 AM
oooo I feel SO much better you guys! I thought I was a really odd person for just not caring about washing it. It sounds like many people feel like I do smile
You can wash your car? lol. I am like the majority, I guess. I don't wash the car maybe once every five years or so whether it needs it or not.

Wash the car. Beh. Next you will tell me that you change he battery in your smoke detector as well.
It's nice to know how popular my preferred Car Wash is: Rain On Your Car. And I thought it was only a regional company.
Originally Posted By: Karen - Drama Movies
It's nice to know how popular my preferred Car Wash is: Rain On Your Car. And I thought it was only a regional company.

lol nope Rain On Your Car is a very popular company and is worldwide. smile
Posted By: GrannyH Re: How often do you wash your car? - 09/16/09 05:49 PM
Originally Posted By: Lisa Low Carb Ed
Wow, I can't even imagine living in a situation like that! How can you breathe? You must live in a constant fog of soybean dust!

Lisa, it really isn't any worse than other dusts in the air. The problem is with the accompanying oil. It sticks and must be 'washed' off - you know 'soap and wash' washed. I always say the oil is good for my furniture though. GrannyH
Posted By: Jilly Re: How often do you wash your car? - 09/16/09 09:31 PM
Hey I am washing my car!!! (it's raining)
Posted By: Susan Alison Re: How often do you wash your car? - 09/16/09 09:34 PM
I have never washed my car. I noticed some moss growing on it the other day. I've left it there. It looks pretty.
Originally Posted By: GrannyH
you know 'soap and wash' washed. GrannyH

Soap and water washed? I wonder if that will work in the shower too. Hmmm...
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: How often do you wash your car? - 09/17/09 05:52 AM
LOL Susan I love moss! And my Subaru is green! It would go perfectly with the green. How do I grow moss on my car?
Posted By: Jilly Re: How often do you wash your car? - 09/17/09 06:19 AM
Lisa, i think you have to it leave alone, and wet, in the shade. :-)Try not driving it. Rolling stones and all.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: How often do you wash your car? - 09/18/09 03:05 AM
ahhhhh you are wise. OK!
Posted By: Susan Alison Re: How often do you wash your car? - 09/19/09 01:54 PM
Well - Lisa - you've already confessed to the fact that your car gets washed once a year - that is wayyyyyyyyyyy too often if you want moss growing on it.

Moss needs patience and nurturing and soapy water is anathema to it.

Poor moss....
Posted By: Jilly Re: How often do you wash your car? - 09/19/09 04:55 PM
I think maybe adding a starter culture of moss would work. Park under a thick tree on the north side. Dampen and let sit. Find mats of moss in the woods and grab some forest soil. Toss soil on car and gently add moss. Mist daily.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: How often do you wash your car? - 09/23/09 01:50 AM
oooooo that sounds wonderful! It is Bob that washes my car. I have just informed him that he needs to stop washing the car so I can grow my moss. He seems confused.
© BellaOnline Forums