BellaOnline
Posted By: MB2345 A bit off-topic (sorry!) but ... - 11/24/07 06:38 PM
Hey, Elle, I hear that Australia elected a new prime minister (Labor after many years Conservative), and I wondered what you thought about the situation. Feel free to delete this post if it's just too much off-topic! smile
Posted By: inspirangel Re: A bit off-topic (sorry!) but ... - 11/24/07 09:10 PM
Yes - I was interested in this too because apparently one of the younger contenders started out as a typist for the BBC! Go girl - grab that Self-development!

We have had Labour in England for 10 years, hard to ever imagine a Conservative one now.

Doesn't have to be off topic - does anyone remember the delectable political novel "House of Cards?"

Siobhain
Short Stories

(ps root for me....... I'm grabbing my forum by the lapels and giving it a good shake-up - I'd love to see some of you there when it's cleared !
Posted By: elle Re: A bit off-topic (sorry!) but ... - 11/24/07 11:00 PM
It was like Christmas this morning, waking up and thinking "Did Santa really come and leave prezzies under the tree?" When we went to bed last night Rudd was pretty much well ahead, so it was a warm fuzzy feeling waking and thinking, it must be!

Now Australia can finally look the rest of the world in the eye again. We voted the nutjobs out of government. Sense reigns again and I couldn't be prouder.

And for me, it's not so much Kevin Rudd I'm looking to, but our new Deputy Prime Minister Julia Gillard, whom I'm convinced will be our PM one day and will be the best leader we will ever have.

For now, we'll just celebrate the Kevin07 Ruddslide.
Posted By: MB2345 Re: A bit off-topic (sorry!) but ... - 11/24/07 11:09 PM
Wonderful! I'm so glad it's what you wanted.
© BellaOnline Forums