BellaOnline
Posted By: onmyway Best Hot Chocolate? - 11/24/08 10:40 PM
What is the best hot chocolate you've ever had or ever made? I usually get regular hot chocolate mix and add some vanilla coffee cream to it. Has a french vanilla/chocolate taste. Look for some new ways to drink hot chocolate since the weather is getting chilly.
Posted By: joanj Re: Best Hot Chocolate? - 11/27/08 09:31 AM
The best hot chocolate I've ever had is drinking chocolate

Here's one recipe I use and really love:

Recipe for Luscious Drinking Chocolate

Ingredients

2 1/4 cups whole milk

1/4 cup water

1/4 generous cup of superfine Baker's Sugar

1 3.5 ounce bar of bittersweet chocolate-at least 70% cacao, chop finely

1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa loosely packed.

Directions

Combine milk, water and sugar In a medium saucepan. Heat mixture over medium until it reaches a rolling boil. Add the chopped chocolate and cocoa powder. Whisk these ingredients into milk mixture and return to rolling boil.

Mixture will thicken. Reduce heat to very low.

Blend for 5 minutes with an immersion blender or in a regular blender for 1/2 minute or until drinking chocolate is thick and foamy.
Posted By: Robin - Fragrance Editor Re: Best Hot Chocolate? - 11/27/08 11:12 AM
I think the cocoas are by Land O Lakes - the hot chocolate cocoa with caramel is THE best!! You can find them in your grocery stores.
Posted By: Straycat Re: Best Hot Chocolate? - 11/30/08 02:00 AM
Our local dairy, Central Dairy, has the best chocolate milk. I just heat it up in the microwave and it's perfect.
Posted By: Cocoheaven Re: Best Hot Chocolate? - 01/15/09 04:19 AM
how about this: mocha hot mix: NGREDIENTS (Nutrition) * 1 1/2 cups dry milk powder * 1/2 cup instant coffee granules * 1/3 cup brown sugar * 2/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips * add to recipe box Add to Recipe Box My folders: * add to shopping list Add to Shopping List * Customize Recipe * add a personal note Add a Personal Note DIRECTIONS 1. In a medium bowl, combine milk powder, instant coffee, brown sugar and mini chocolate chips. Mix well and store in an airtight container. 2. Instructions per serving: In a blender, combine 2/3 cup boiling water with 1/4 cup mix. Blend until frothy and serve in a mug. actually i do like drinking mocha. yummy yummy. : )
Posted By: Dianne W - Editor Re: Best Hot Chocolate? - 01/15/09 04:49 AM
my favorite hot chocolate has a lot of mini-marshmellows. The best mix is 2/3 cup hot chocolate mixed with 1/3 cup of coffee...yummmeee!
Posted By: Kristin Davis Re: Best Hot Chocolate? - 02/04/09 04:39 AM
Thanks for the recipes, umm I've never made homemade hot chocolate. LOL. I grew up in the packaged market era.
Posted By: joanj Re: Best Hot Chocolate? - 02/05/09 08:55 PM
I htink the packaged kind has a lot of sugar and powdered milk in it and not a lot of chocolate. The homemade kind with real chocolate is delicious!
Posted By: Mexican Food Editor Re: Best Hot Chocolate? - 02/11/09 07:14 PM
I'm with Joan, I think homemade is best. If you are interested in trying something new and wonderful, here is a recipe for:
Mexican Hot Chocolate

Posted By: BonitaSong Re: Best Hot Chocolate? - 02/27/09 09:48 PM
hands down Godiva!..They put huge chuncks of their real choclate in it
© BellaOnline Forums