BellaOnline
Posted By: Lori - Marriage Leaving Japanese Food - 11/08/10 03:47 PM
Hello to all,

I wanted you to know that I just submitted my resignation as site editor for the Japanese Food site. As also the Living Simple site editor, I decided to take my own advice and simplify my life!

Some of you may know that there are pressing concerns I live with daily. My daughter's health is getting worse, and we recently moved in with my elderly aunt who is a challenge to live with.

I feel that this site would be better served by someone who can breathe freshness into the food articles as I have less time to research and recipe test.

I love BellaOnline and still want to remain a part of its community and so will stay on as Living Simply site editor.

Thank you all for reading. smile
Posted By: Francine - German Culture Re: Leaving Japanese Food - 11/09/10 06:00 AM
Hi Lori, Have so enjoyed your articles, those little pieces of your Mum's wisdom were fun to read and have given up count how many of your recipes we have tried and enjoyed, really looked forward to your newsletter. Never even though about eating cold noodle salads until you featured them.

This weekend we made your Furikake Fish recipe which absolutely delicious by the way.

Do hope that life becomes a little easier, simpler, and more peaceful for you, and for your family.........and thank you.

Francine

Posted By: Lori - Marriage Re: Leaving Japanese Food - 11/11/10 03:58 PM
Thank you *so* much, Francine, for your wonderful feedback and well wishes. That meant the world to me. smile

I will post a few more articles. And, I'm also soliciting reader recipes to share on the site and if that works out, I'll stay on a bit longer.

Keep in touch!
Posted By: Susan - Horses/Animals Re: Leaving Japanese Food - 11/11/10 04:09 PM
Lori - I will miss you and your writing. Hope all works out for you in future - take care and find peace where you can.
Lori, I am so sorry that your life has gone in this direction. You have been so helpful to me on my forum. Your writing is wonderful. Thanks for all the work that you have done to make this a fantastic website.

Looking forward to seeing you in Living Simply,
Connie
Posted By: Lori - Marriage Re: Leaving Japanese Food - 12/04/10 01:47 AM
Thank you, Connie and Susan. I appreciate your input more than you know. I'll be around for just a while longer as the Japanese Food site editor. And I'll be in the forums when possible.

smile
Posted By: Dianne W - Editor Re: Leaving Japanese Food - 12/04/10 02:34 AM
How did I possibly miss your original post Lori!!! I enjoyed your articles and I do hope that you will continue to pop in and visit. I love your posts, they were very helpful.

A simplified life, however, is always a good thing and I wish you peace and relaxation!!!
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: Leaving Japanese Food - 12/04/10 05:23 AM
Lori, I totally understand. I resigned from the Walking Forum, but came back as a regular poster.

You did a GREAT job here and we will MISS you.

Best of luck with everything and come back and visit when you can smile

Originally Posted By: Chi-Japanese Food
Hello to all,

I wanted you to know that I just submitted my resignation as site editor for the Japanese Food site. As also the Living Simple site editor, I decided to take my own advice and simplify my life!

Some of you may know that there are pressing concerns I live with daily. My daughter's health is getting worse, and we recently moved in with my elderly aunt who is a challenge to live with.

I feel that this site would be better served by someone who can breathe freshness into the food articles as I have less time to research and recipe test.

I love BellaOnline and still want to remain a part of its community and so will stay on as Living Simply site editor.

Thank you all for reading. smile
Posted By: Phyllis Doyle Burns Re: Leaving Japanese Food - 12/12/10 12:25 AM
Lori, I wish you all the best on your Living Simply site. You have done a great job here on the Japanese Food site. I keep you in my prayers and send hugs.

I pray Ogligle is still working with you in a good way.
Posted By: Lisa - Fiction Writing Re: Leaving Japanese Food - 12/12/10 02:04 AM
Even in the best of circumstances, being the editor of two sites isn't always easy. I'm glad you have will be staying with us as the editor for Living Simply.
Posted By: Lori - Marriage Re: Leaving Japanese Food - 12/12/10 04:36 PM
Thank you all for your kind words. Turns out that I will stay on just a bit longer as Japanese Food site editor. I've called in the calvary and my cousin and his father want to help provide authentic recipes. He is a retired Japanese chef!

But, if you know of anyone who would like the post as editor, I'll step aside. Until then, let's look forward to some amazing new Japanese recipes. As you all know, I'm fourth generation Japanese getting in touch with my culinary heritage and it was getting hard to keep up with the necessary research. But now, I'll be able to pick the brains of a fabulous, experienced, long-time, first generation Japanese chef!!! I'm so excited!!!
Posted By: Asha - Dreams Editor Re: Leaving Japanese Food - 12/12/10 05:55 PM
Lori good to hear you are staying with it.

And this sounds like a wonderful example of Living Simply as opposed to banging your head against a wall that grow no softer... wall
© BellaOnline Forums