BellaOnline
Posted By: Modern Woman Stretch marks - 07/31/06 01:11 PM
Any body got any success in reducing Stretch marks with any cream?
Posted By: JazzyLiz Re: Stretch marks - 08/01/06 04:25 AM
Hi, I have the same problem. I tried many product, and hours on the internet trying to find some advise. Then I bumped in to Realself.com web peage and found out about Shea Butter.
Here is the article
http://www.realself.com/shea_butter_for_stretch_marks.html
This is the stuff I like now. Give it a try with some excercise every day - I don't go to gym, but I try to walk as much as possible.
Good luck with that
Posted By: ~ Rae ~ Re: Stretch marks - 08/01/06 04:35 AM
I've known a few women who tried shea butter and cocoa butter on stretch marks. Also, stay hydrated. A lot of folks get them due to the skin not being hydrated enough.
Posted By: x33Ren Re: Stretch marks - 08/05/06 02:09 AM
also be sure to eat healthy. nutrient deficiency can make you get them LIKE CRAZY. I remember i one time i wasnt gaining weight, but i wasnt eating fruits and veggies, and i got like a million stretch marks because of it.

Theres a cream called Sudden Change Scar Zone that works. Ive tried eveerything else. trust me
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Stretch marks - 09/02/06 08:06 AM
A mail came to me about laser and stretch mark removal.
Has any body tried?
Posted By: 101276 Re: Stretch marks - 09/06/06 02:14 AM
ok, well maybe you ladies can help me.. I drink water.. eat good.. work out about 5 times a week... used shea/coco butter and there still there!! Ilost 100 LBS after my son.. so I knew I was going to have some.. but there SO nasty.. and it doesnt help with ahving tan skin... oooooh my... even darker.. at am at my wits end with these!!

HELP!
Thanks! Jamie
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Stretch marks - 09/06/06 07:57 AM
stretch marks form because of collagen tearing in the dermal layer of skin. So many people talk about coc butter. How that butter repairs the collagen that has stretched beyond its capacity is a surprise to me.
Posted By: 101276 Re: Stretch marks - 09/07/06 12:42 AM
trust me.. me too.. doesnt work!
Posted By: aiteall Re: Stretch marks - 09/07/06 04:15 AM
Nothing works except time and the existence of 'fade'. I got them on my thighs from growing too fast as a teenager and they're still there, but not as prominent.
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Stretch marks - 09/07/06 07:05 AM
Something that encorages collagen production should work. Non ablative lasers should work. Vitamin C should work but in topical form it is highly unstable.
Posted By: michelle5971 Re: Stretch marks - 09/13/06 02:02 PM
Quote:
Nothing works except time and the existence of 'fade'. I got them on my thighs from growing too fast as a teenager and they're still there, but not as prominent.

I agree. I am 35 y/o and I had my first cild when I was 17. I got stretch marks during the pregnancy and NOTHING has made them go away yet. Time has helped them fade a little bit. They don't show up as much but they are still there.
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Stretch marks - 09/13/06 02:08 PM
Quote:
Quote:

I agree. I am 35 y/o and I had my first cild when I was 17. I got stretch marks during the pregnancy and NOTHING has made them go away yet. Time has helped them fade a little bit. They don't show up as much but they are still there.

Streatch marks form because of collagen stretching and breaking in the dermis of the skin. anything that rebuilds collagen should help. I am quite confident of my basics.
Posted By: michelle5971 Re: Stretch marks - 09/13/06 02:14 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Streatch marks form because of collagen stretching and breaking in the dermis of the skin. anything that rebuilds collagen should help. I am quite confident of my basics.

well, do you have some product names? I'm willing to try anything after having them all these years and finding nothing that would help
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Stretch marks - 09/13/06 02:44 PM
If you can afford, nothing works better than non ablative laser. Otherwise we may have to search for a good collagen booster. Vitamin C does that, but it is very unstable in any formulation. Give me some time and let me go back to my books. I am trying to look at Retinoids, AHAs and other topical applications that have shown definite collagen booster ability.
Posted By: beautybasics Re: Stretch marks - 10/15/06 12:48 AM
You know, I just had a baby six months ago at age 46. He's my first child. I know for sure that there is collagen on my belly and abdomen that was stretched beyond its limit, because the skin is much looser now and tends to follow gravity. If I lie on my side, my stomach sort of falls to that side. If I sit, I get a tiny little "apron" hanging over my C section scar. If I lean forward, skin flops over the top of my pants. It's never going to "snap back" because I'm older, and my skin is less elastic. Less elasticity comes with age and breakdown of collagen!

But, I have no stretch marks. Go figure. My mother had kids in her 20's and got stretch marks, and so did all the women in her family. On my father's side, no women with stretch marks, even though they had kids in their 20's too.

I carried my baby to term and gained about 40 pounds (starting at under 120 pounds non-pregnant), so it's not because I didn't get big!!

Bottom line is that I think the tendency to get stretch marks is genetic. Some of us get them, some don't, and there's no magic to make them disappear.

If I had to agree with anyone so far, I'd agree that lasers are probably your best bet.
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Stretch marks - 10/15/06 05:24 AM
Quote:
You know, I just had a baby six months ago at age 46. He's my first child. I know for sure that there is collagen on my belly and abdomen that was stretched beyond its limit, because the skin is much looser now and tends to follow gravity. If I lie on my side, my stomach sort of falls to that side. If I sit, I get a tiny little "apron" hanging over my C section scar. If I lean forward, skin flops over the top of my pants. It's never going to "snap back" because I'm older, and my skin is less elastic. Less elasticity comes with age and breakdown of collagen!

But, I have no stretch marks. Go figure. My mother had kids in her 20's and got stretch marks, and so did all the women in her family. On my father's side, no women with stretch marks, even though they had kids in their 20's too.

I carried my baby to term and gained about 40 pounds (starting at under 120 pounds non-pregnant), so it's not because I didn't get big!!

Bottom line is that I think the tendency to get stretch marks is genetic. Some of us get them, some don't, and there's no magic to make them disappear.

If I had to agree with anyone so far, I'd agree that lasers are probably your best bet.

Did you have any problems with pregnancy?
Posted By: beautybasics Re: Stretch marks - 10/22/06 12:33 AM
My pregancy was perfectly normal. My labor was long though, and I was unsuccessful at squeezing out my baby's big head, so I had to go C-section! At my age it was a tough recovery from the C-section surgery. I'm told that the long labor (19 hours including 2 hours of pushing) resulted in me going into the surgery exhausted, and probably made recovery harder. Other moms have reported that scheduled C sections are much easier to recover from.
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Stretch marks - 10/22/06 04:17 AM
Most women think of menopause at your age. Congratulations. You will give hope to many women who are above 40 and want a child. I am sure that your baby will get lot of love and care from you. Lucky baby.
Posted By: Rachel18 Re: Stretch marks - 11/29/06 07:28 PM
Just in time to remind me not to buy that offer I got from a personal care company, a stretchmark remover. How about topicals for removing cellulites, do they work? whats the difference?

Thanks
© BellaOnline Forums