BellaOnline
Posted By: Tuculia worst gift? - 12/03/12 01:48 PM
Of course we should all appreciate any gift that we receive - but what is the worst gift you have ever received? Be honest!

Tuculia Washington
Daughters Editor
Posted By: Tuculia Re: worst gift? - 12/03/12 02:00 PM
I received a fish that would flap his head and tail singing "Don't worry be happy" from my uncle!

Tuculia Washington
Daughters Editor
Posted By: Dianne W - Editor Re: worst gift? - 12/03/12 05:47 PM
The worst gift I EVER received was from my first husband on our first Christmas and was also the worst gift I ever gave.

He gave me this really, really thin, short knit dress that had grey and red stripes and a belt. It didn't look like anything I would ever wear and looked so cheap, the material was so thin. I don't know where he thought I would wear something like that.

To that end, I couldn't afford to buy him a gift so at the time I was working in the home office of a jewelry company. They had an office sale of returned merchandise. So I bought him a used watch, it was an expensive brand but was covered with all sorts of scratches. After looking it when I got home, I was so embarrased to give it to him because it looked even worse at home, but I gave it to him anyway. We both really didn't like that Christmas at all.
Posted By: Sadhana ~ Indian Food Re: worst gift? - 12/03/12 06:03 PM
This is by no means a "bad" gift but it does depend on the recipient, I guess. I once received a large shipment of Omaha steaks for X-mas one year :-)

Nice, but as a Hindu -- I don't eat beef, but my neighbors loved them though!
Posted By: Tuculia Re: worst gift? - 12/06/12 01:25 PM
Hi Dianna and SG,

Dianna it looks like maybe your husband had other things in mind when he bought this gift and it didn't include leaving the house with it. Which is why it was so short, not unless it was the style in the year it was bought. And you said "stripes" - you gotta love it! Thanks for sharing

SG your gift was different. I'm glad your neighbors were able to enjoy ever bit of it in your honor. However, the thought I'm sure was appreciated. Thanks for dropping by and sharing. Please feel free to drop by for other topics or posts.

Tuculia Washington
Daughters Editor

Posted By: Dianne W - Editor Re: worst gift? - 12/06/12 06:40 PM
LOL...thanks Tuculia, that is a good way to look at it with a silver lining...
Posted By: Tuculia Re: worst gift? - 12/15/12 02:55 AM
Thanks for dropping by Dianne!
Posted By: Tuculia Re: worst gift? - 12/23/12 12:15 AM
Does any else have any worst gifts?
Posted By: Tuculia Re: worst gift? - 12/23/12 11:47 AM
No more worst gifts?
© BellaOnline Forums