BellaOnline
Posted By: "Rosie" 16 pounds - 03/01/08 09:21 AM
well everyone i have lost 16 pounds since Jan 1st, i am so excited. i got off n on the scale a dozen times to make sure. i was in disbelief. so i must be doing something right, for once in my life.
lol
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: 16 pounds - 03/01/08 09:46 AM
that is just SO wonderful!! Congratulations!!! See, progress is really possible!

I am so proud of you smile You are a real inspiration!
Posted By: Robin Crime Editor Re: 16 pounds - 03/01/08 10:36 AM
YAY Skyhaven!!! How did you do it?
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: 16 pounds - 03/01/08 01:12 PM
Thanks Lisa,
Robin i changed my eating habits, and i walk, n walk, n walk.
i cut out a lot of bad foods, (all the stuff that taste good lol )
and i walk on my treadmill at least 5 days a week so far this year i have walked a total of 85.37 miles. believe me its not easy but the benefits are great.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: 16 pounds - 03/03/08 12:28 PM
Hey filet mignon is very tasty!! There are lots of delicious foods that are good for you smile

Walking is such great exercise!! Wow, 85 miles! We'll have to throw you a party when you hit 100!
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: 16 pounds - 03/03/08 01:04 PM
I did 3.11 miles this morning. i'm getting closer ;o)
Posted By: BellaDeb Re: 16 pounds - 03/03/08 08:10 PM
Rosie, you are so amazing! 16 pounds! That's awesome! And, you're at almost 100 miles in just over 2 months! Do you realize how cool that is?

I'm so inspired to get back on track myself now! Thank you!
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: 16 pounds - 03/03/08 08:26 PM
Thank you so much, it really helps when you encourage me. I am very proud of myself. so many aches and pains i suffered from last year are no longer there. i am walking up and down the stairs with NO discomfort.
I thank God every day for the progress i make, and for every day i struggle to get on that darn treadmill and do my 2 miles and some times the 2 miles plus. it is a struggle you know ;o) i am gonna do my 905 miles to Wisconsin to see my friend Evelyn. i am so close to my first 100 miles.
i couldn't of done it with out the encouragement from you and others. just don't stop i need that to keep me going ;o)
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: 16 pounds - 03/03/08 08:29 PM
You, Lisa, Robin, and every one are wonderful support for me
Thank you all ;o)
Posted By: CF 4 Ever Re: 16 pounds - 03/08/08 02:20 AM
Hi Rosie, Lisa, RObin, Deb,

I'm a newbie. Just popping in to say, congratualtions on your wieght loss, Rosie! I've seen your other posts and you're doing so well--especially in such a short amount of time. I know it's discouraging sometimes, but slow and steady really does win the race!

I've been dieting (I actually prefer to call it my healthy lifestyle) since the end of July and I've lost 35 pounds. Like you, I walk and walk and walk. And jog a little bit too, but I have asthema, so just a little.

I'm a firm believer in eating a low-fat, blanaced diet. Our bodies need all the food groups to function properly. Along with being more strict about exercise, the only thing I've done differently is counting calories. I write down what I eat and calculate the calories and fat grams every day. My mother is a dietician, so I was raised with this stuff and I know the calories and servings of most foods off the top of my head, which is handy.

It's a funny thing, but I don't want to cheat most of the time when I remember that I'll have to write it down in my book. It's silly, but it works for me. And when I just have to eat that piece of pizza (Or whatever), I go to Dottie's Weight Loss Zone, - www.dwlz.com - look up the calories and fat grams, and calculate it in (she has a Restaurants section--it's great!).

Dieting is short term, but a healthy lifestyle can last for ever. Healthy lifestyles are about making choices. If I choose that slice of pizza, the rest of my meal is a huge salad with non-fat dressing and maybe some fruit later for a snack. I still got my pizza, but I cut calories in other places. It works for me and I don't feel deprived. (When I feel deprived or stressed, I pig out.)

I have a really slow metabolism too, so I have to exercize every day. I'm also almost 40 and I knew it was going to just get slower, so I decided to take the weight off once and for all in time for my 40th birthday. So far, so good. I plan to lose 20 more pounds. I might not lose it all before July, but I'll get close.

It's nice to be here. I'm glad I "discovered" Bella Online. I'm off to look around some more...
Posted By: patd Re: 16 pounds - 03/08/08 02:48 AM
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Rosie!!! You go girl!!!

hugs to you,

pat
Posted By: patd Re: 16 pounds - 03/08/08 02:49 AM
Here's another site i'm just loving!

www.SparkPeople.com

It was mentioned by the moderator of the Public Health forum here...that's where i learned about it.

pat d
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: 16 pounds - 03/08/08 03:08 AM
Welcome Kim! That's great that you've found a system that works well for you!
Posted By: CF 4 Ever Re: 16 pounds - 03/08/08 03:13 AM
Thanks Lisa. Funny how it's not really even a system, just common sense. I think too many people are looking for a miracle diet. If we'd all just try to eat healthier, lower fat, less sugar, more fiber, more fresh fruits and veggies, and exercise we'd all be so much healthier--and put these diet companies out of business. One day at a time. smile
© BellaOnline Forums