BellaOnline
I have a fun banquet to go to with my husband this weekend and I want to wear an above the knee flirty dark blue floral summer dress with a white shrug and brown suede slouch boots. My husband doesn't agree with me that the boots look that good with the dress and thinks I should wear my black shiny leather mid calf boots. I don't think the black boot or even the cut of it looks good with dark blue dress. I think the slouch boot with the flirty dress looks god. What do you think? Is it okay to pair a suede fall/winter boot with a summer dress?
Hey Mapper,
The good news is, navy and dark blue is in this season smile Looks like your summer dress will work for a fall event!

Now, if the blue is a NAVY BLUE, I would definitely go with the brown suede. But if it's a dark blue, I really see nothing wrong with wearing black boots with it. In fact, a lot of garments out there are color-blocked that way. The only thing I would do is add a skinny black belt at your natural waistline (over the dress, of course) and you should be okay with the black boots.

I think you should go for whatever makes you comfortable! No matter what your husband says, you'll be happier if you get to wear what you want smile I hope you have a fun time this weekend!
Just wear what you feel comfortable in. Who cares what other people think!
© BellaOnline Forums