BellaOnline
Currently I'm reading a book I picked up for free called Guns of Seneca 6 by Bernard Schaffer. It is a SciFi Western.
Hi Violette:

I don't have an e-reader.

If you don't mind my asking, how did you get the book for free?

If you do mind, just ignore my post(lol).
A sci-fi western? laugh That's awesome! I'm totally into trying out sci-fi westerns since seeing the movie Cowboys and Aliens smile

How are you enjoying the story?

On my Kindle, I'm reading a book on Astral Voyaging by C. W. Ledbeater. He's a metaphysician from a while back. It's okay --- very dry - but I admire him as a teacher, so I'll stick it out.

I think I'd rather read fiction on my ereader. I've signed up with our library system for a few ebooks on loan smile I LOVE having my kindle!
Hi Angela, I subscribe to a blog on my Kindle that shares listings of free books at Amazon for the Kindle. You can pick up great reads free or at discount prices everyday at Amazon (not just public domain free works either).

You don't have to have an e-reader. If you have a smart phone of some type that provides apps, you can find apps for Kindle, Barnes & Noble and more. Kindle even has an app for your PC. I use that mostly for my recipe books.
Hi Deanna, I finished the story. Liked it alot. There were some gruesome parts, but not overly explicit in description, so worth reading until the end.

Another book of shorts was recommended at the end that included a few more stories by Bernard Schaffer. I picked it up as well. It is called Resistance Front (a Kindle All-Starts collection of stories from a number of authors). I think they are all western in nature, but I don't know if they are all western/sci-fi.

Currently I'm reading an issue of Alfred Hitchcock's Mystery Magazine.
Thanks Violette, will look into the computer aps as I don't have a Smartphone, Sylvester does, but I don't want to tie up his. I have a FREE phone from the Safelink program for a year. They add 68 FREE minutes each month. Just got it, awesome and appreciated.

Hugs,
A

Originally Posted By: Vi - Blogs/Social Network
Hi Angela, I subscribe to a blog on my Kindle that shares listings of free books at Amazon for the Kindle. You can pick up great reads free or at discount prices everyday at Amazon (not just public domain free works either).

You don't have to have an e-reader. If you have a smart phone of some type that provides apps, you can find apps for Kindle, Barnes & Noble and more. Kindle even has an app for your PC. I use that mostly for my recipe books.
Posted By: jodiemt Re: What are you reading on your e-reader? - 02/03/12 05:51 AM
I'm reading 'Beginning At The End' by Nicole Duffeck. Is good uptil now. Just read about 25%
Reading "Three Moons Over Sedona" by Sherry Hartzler. New widow escapes on a cross country trip to find herself.
I tend to read books I am not sure I want to purchase for my bookshelf. . .eBook readers have been GREAT for me to only purchase hard cover books that I want to display My company has just completed a mobile eBook reader APP that can be used on any android device. . .we are working with several publishers to start a lending library, a book club for all independent eBook authors as well as other things
The other thing I tend to use my eBook reader for are books that I love to read over again. . .like the Hunger Games triology
Kathryn, I love a person who will read a book more than once...or see a favorite movie more than once. My husband doesn't get that sometimes.

I am disappointed though that a few of my favorite books from my past are not available as ebooks yet.

I am very happy though that I can read Harry Potter on an ebook now if I want...I never bought or read any of the books, but said I would if they were available electronically.

I have to pick a book to read now that the weather is nice and I'm outside while the kids play.
I've been reading physical books right now. It gives me a break from the computer screen, which I stare at all day long. I do have lots of books on my e-reader, though.
Posted By: Angie Re: What are you reading on your e-reader? - 02/01/21 12:28 AM
Me too and audible books as well. But there is nothing like paper.
© BellaOnline Forums