BellaOnline
Posted By: Jeanette - Editor How do you read? - 04/05/09 05:50 AM
How do you read? Sitting in a chair? Laying on the couch or bed? With a TV or radio on? What about an iPod on while reading? Inside or out?
Posted By: Jilly Re: How do you read? - 04/05/09 06:55 PM
My fave - outside in my comfy folding camp chair.

And in bed before sleeping or napping.

No music.
Posted By: Chelle - Marriage Editor Re: How do you read? - 04/05/09 10:13 PM
Usually curled up in bed or in my big chair with music on in the background (most often the Spa channel on XM televsion). With a glass of tea or diet coke.
Posted By: Jeanette - Editor Re: How do you read? - 04/05/09 11:30 PM
I liked to be stretched out on my bed or outside at night on my porch.
Posted By: M o e Re: How do you read? - 04/05/09 11:56 PM
I'm usually stretched out in my chair with my ottoman. Sometimes I read between commercials with the tv muted but generally I go for silence or if I'm trying to learn something very low classical music.
Posted By: Babs - Astronomy Ed Re: How do you read? - 04/06/09 12:02 AM
Standing up. ;)Honestly, my back hates sitting positions. I sometimes walk around as well.
Posted By: Jeanette - Editor Re: How do you read? - 04/06/09 04:29 PM
Reading standing up?

I have read while walking down the sidewalk from the bus stop to home because there was a part I just HAD to finish! When I was finishing The Agency by Ally O'Brien, I did that because I was at the end and I couldn't wait to get home to read the last 5 pages LOL
Posted By: sundancer Re: How do you read? - 04/08/09 10:50 AM
I'll read almost anywhere I get a chance. I read in bed. I also like to read when traveling..in the car, airplane. I also like to read sitting on the patio or on the beach.
Sundancer
www.mikessportingoods.ecrater.com
Posted By: Chelle - Marriage Editor Re: How do you read? - 04/08/09 03:08 PM
Oh, I would love to be able to read in the car or on the plane - so much wasted time there. But I get horrible motion sickness, and reading seems to be a major way to set that off.
Posted By: BellaDeb Re: How do you read? - 04/08/09 07:23 PM
I can read almost anywhere, anyhow, too. I even "read" audiobooks while walking, and Michelle, they're great for car/plane travel.
Posted By: Jeanette - Editor Re: How do you read? - 04/09/09 03:37 AM
Yes audiobooks are a great tool too and a lot of libraries carry them now. My son gets car sick too but he is the opposite, reading helps him.
Posted By: Ruthe AfricanAmericanEd Re: How do you read? - 04/09/09 03:42 AM
Outside when the weather permits. Or, while in bed when everything is quiet, and I have at least 45 minutes to myself.
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: How do you read? - 01/21/17 08:29 PM
Sitting in a chair (any kind so it can be a couch or whatever) with no music or any other noise.
Posted By: Mona - Astronomy Re: How do you read? - 01/22/17 02:28 AM
In bed, on a comfy chair, stretched out on a couch with lots of cushions, on a bus or train, in a cafe with a pot of tea on the side, on a bench in a garden on a nice day.
Posted By: Susan Helene Kramer Re: How do you read? - 01/22/17 05:01 AM
In the corner of my great room couch under a standing lamp. I also like a glass of tea or water at my side. Since it is winter I like to sit under a crocheted throw that my sister made for us. smile
© BellaOnline Forums