BellaOnline
Posted By: Styxx NexCon 3 - 02/25/16 12:38 PM
WHAT:
NexCon 3 ----The ultimate celebration of science fiction and fantasy in the Philippines!

WHEN AND WHERE:
April 2-3, 2016
Function Room 5, SMX Convention Center, SM MOA Grounds

ATTENTION!!!

Presenting the first of NexCon 3's special guests: SAM WITWER!

Sam Witwer is no stranger to science fiction fans. Sam began his career as Lt. Crashdown, Boomer’s electronic countermeasures officer, in SyFy's "Battlestar Galactica." He then followed it up by playing Davis Bloom/Doomsday on The CW’s "Smallville." He then turned into the vampire Aidan Waite for SyFy’s "Being Human," a remake of the popular British television series.

Even his voice work is rooted in science fiction. Sam Witwer voiced Darth Maul and Darth Sidious for fan-favorite "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" and "Star Wars: Rebels". Sam also provided additional voices for Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens. Sam is also the face and voice of Galen Marek/Starkiller of LucasArts’ hit games Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and The Force Unleashed II.

A Chicago native and a Juilliard-trained actor, Sam is also an accomplished musician who performed in the LA music scene with his band, The Crashtones.

Catch Sam at NEXCON 3! April 2 and 3, 2016 at Function Room 5 of the SMX Convention Center in Manila (Mall of Asia grounds).

----From NexCon----

\(@ ̄∇ ̄@)/\(@ ̄∇ ̄@)/\(@ ̄∇ ̄@)/\(@ ̄∇ ̄@)/

I'm so freaking excited for this event. I hope I can attend it. If I'm going, I will be going as a genderbent Winter Soldier !

Posted By: Styxx Re: NexCon 3 - 02/27/16 04:23 PM
34 DAYS LEFT TILL NexCon 3!

So looking forward to it. wink

Posted By: Styxx Re: NexCon 3 - 02/27/16 04:24 PM
34 DAYS LEFT TILL NexCon 3!

So looking forward to it. wink

Posted By: Styxx Re: NexCon 3 - 03/01/16 09:13 AM
NexCon 3 Tickets are out! It costs 300 Pesos or $6.35. I'm going to buy it next week.

Picture: https://www.facebook.com/nexconph/photos...e=3&theater

Posted By: Styxx Re: NexCon 3 - 03/01/16 11:22 AM
30 DAYS TO GO! NexCon3, here I come! *✲゚*。✧٩(・ิᴗ・ิ๑)۶*✲゚*。✧

Posted By: Styxx Re: NexCon 3 - 03/03/16 05:14 AM
29 DAYS TO GO!

I'm going to buy my ticket today. Nobody can say that I'm too excited, can't they? ^________________^

Posted By: Styxx Re: NexCon 3 - 03/03/16 07:22 AM
I just bought the ticket with 20% discount. I'm so freaking happy! Ciao ^____^

--------
Styxx
AVID COSPLAYER
Posted By: Styxx Re: NexCon 3 - 03/07/16 01:07 PM
====NexCon 3====

The NEXt level of fandom.

A NEw kind of eXcitement.

NexCon Manila is the ultimate celebration of science fiction and fantasy fandom in the Philippines. While a lot of events cater to anime, cosplay, or toys, NexCon brings fans and creators together under one roof, fostering a highly engaging atmosphere of creativity, fun, and excitement.

=-=-=-=-=

(๑♡3♡๑) 25 DAYS LEFT! (๑♡3♡๑)

Posted By: Styxx Re: NexCon 3 - 03/13/16 08:41 AM
(。♥‿♥。) Only 19 DAYS LEFT! (。♥‿♥。)

I got my costume ready and I already bought my ticket ages ago so I'm not to worried about lining up anymore. All in all, I'm looking forward to attending the event.

Posted By: Styxx Re: NexCon 3 - 03/17/16 05:09 PM
--14 DAYS LEFT!--

I'm so looking forward to the convention. I wonder why there were only a few people interested in going to it.

Hmmmm... This would be my 2nd time cosplaying. So FREAKING EXCITED! ヾ(´▽`*;)ゝ”

Posted By: Styxx Re: NexCon 3 - 03/18/16 11:42 AM
I got this from Facebook:

He was known for Battlestar Galactica, Smallville, and The Force Unleashed. But SAM WITWER--as the voice of DARTH MAUL--brought a certain madness and intensity to the character in STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS.

SAM WITWER makes his FIRST Philippine appearance at NEXCON 3 on April 2 & 3, 2016! Autograph, photo op, and VIP passes are now available for ordering at the NexCon site: www.nexconph.com/tickets/

-=-=-=-=-

I've never heard his Darth Maul voice before... I'm going to squeeze that into my schedule. ヾ(゚∀゚ゞ)

Posted By: Styxx Re: NexCon 3 - 03/19/16 12:26 PM
Only 1 week left until Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice! ヾ(゚∀゚ゞ)

-----
Meanwhile...

13 DAYS LEFT until Nexcon 3!

I'm so looking forward to the movie and the convention. ♪L(´▽`L )♪

Posted By: Styxx Re: NexCon 3 - 03/25/16 01:48 AM
NexCon 3 would like to welcome its latest special guest: CASPER VAN DIEN!

Casper Van Dien's breakthrough role was as the lead in Paul Verhoeven's sci-fi film "Starship Troopers" (1997), still one of the most talked about films of 1997 that has one of the largest cult followings in film history. He was also in Tim Burton's critically-acclaimed film "Sleepy Hollow" (1999), as Brom Bones. He was the 20th Tarzan and the only one to ever film in Africa and ride an African elephant in the Warner Bros. film "Tarzan and the Lost City" (1998).

Casper has tackled the web recently playing Johnny Cage in the insanely popular Machinima web-series "Mortal Kombat Legacy" seasons 2 and 3, and stars as "Hawk Guy" in the Screen Junkies Avengers spoof, "Ïnterns of F.I.E.L.D."

=-=-=-=

I'm looking forward to the event even more. I'll be cosplaying as a female Winter Soldier! ˺⁽ˆ⁰ˆ˺ ⁾˺

Posted By: Styxx Re: NexCon 3 - 03/25/16 10:32 AM
୧ʕ•̀ᴥ•́ʔ୨ -- 7 DAYS to GO! -- ୧ʕ•̀ᴥ•́ʔ୨

Posted By: Styxx Re: NexCon 3 - 03/28/16 04:18 AM
=-=-SAD NEWS from NexCon-=-=

Due to last-minute filming schedule conflicts, we regret to inform you that Sam Witwer will no longer be able to make it to NexCon 3. (-Ì©Ì©Ì©-Ì©Ì©Ì©-Ì©Ì©Ì©-Ì©Ì©Ì©-Ì©Ì©Ì©___-Ì©Ì©Ì©-Ì©Ì©Ì©-Ì©Ì©Ì©-Ì©Ì©Ì©-Ì©Ì©Ì©)

-------
This news is very disappointing but I won't let this ruin my mood. .

5 DAYS to GO!
Posted By: Styxx Re: NexCon 3 - 03/29/16 02:47 AM
The Geek Event of the Summer is back!

Cosplay.ph and Stompworks Media Studios present the gathering for all fans of pop culture, sci-fi, fantasy, comics, TV, film, games, and animation... NEXCON 3!

NEXCON 3 is top-billed by international guest CASPER VAN DIEN, star of the science fiction movie Starship Troopers. Starship Troopers was one of the most talked-about films of 1997 and maintains one of the largest cult followings in film history. He was also in Tim Burton's critically acclaimed film Sleepy Hollow as Brom Bones. He was the 20th Tarzan and the only one to ever film in Africa and ride an African elephant in the Warner Bros. film Tarzan and the Lost City. Most recently, he just finished shooting the action thriller Showdown in Manila, co-starring Iza Calzado and directed by Mark Dacascos.

3 DAYS TO GO! ヾ(・ω・`★)ゞ
Posted By: Styxx Re: NexCon 3 - 03/31/16 09:20 AM
------------

Only 2 DAYS left until Nexcon 3!

------------

There is now a venue map posted on the NexCon 3 page on FB. I'm going to study it later. EAGER and PLEASED I am! ☚(゚ヮ゚☚)
Posted By: Styxx Re: NexCon 3 - 04/01/16 12:25 AM
-----------------

1 DAY TO GO! NEXCON 3 Here I come... ♪♪\(^ω^\)( /^ω^)/♪♪

-----------------

Posted By: Styxx Re: NexCon 3 - 04/01/16 06:45 AM
------------

16 Hours TO GO!

------------

OMG... Having a countdown only made me even more excited for the convention. I'm going to be cosplaying Stitch from Lilo and Stitch!

See you there ヾ(≧ー≦)ゞ

Posted By: Styxx Re: NexCon 3 - 04/02/16 08:55 AM
--------------
1st DAY of NexCon 3 @SMX Convention Center
Cosplaying as Stitch from Lilo & Stitch
--------------

I woke up as early as 7:30 in the morning and was out the door an hour later.

@NexCon3 I got to interact with all kinds of people. They might look intimidating at first but when I approached them, they were very friendly and open to a stranger like me.

I immediately decided that I would complete the 5x5 bingo card so that I can win a prize.

After tricks, trivias, games, a dance number, some painting, a food-contest (which I won!) and having fun taking pictures with the other cosplayers... I finally won a collectible Bandai model! ヾ(≧ー≦)ゞ

I'm not finish yet and I'm going to continue this post further. Stay tuned!