BellaOnline
Posted By: TrishD Great Lakes Food Festivals - 03/10/09 12:09 PM
Hello Everyone,

This week's article encourages you to attend food festivals in your area to help boost your local economy and have a good time.

Great Lakes Food Festivals

Have you been to one lately or do you plan on going to one this year?
Posted By: Apple Blossom Re: Great Lakes Food Festivals - 03/14/09 12:50 AM
Don't forget the cherry fesitvals, oi! I haven't been myself, but a former co-worker accidentally ended up in Leelenau lastsummer while they were having some wine tasting, though I don't know if it was a formal festival or not. I haven't tried a single wine of theirs that I didn't like and I often daydream of driving up there to drink it right from the fountain, so to speak! It's so wonderful to have something that's purely Michigan-made. It gives you something to feel good about amidst all of the other turmoil.
I'm not sure it qualifies as a food festival, but Grand Rapids has an arts festival the first weekend in June with lots of food! I think I'm going to that this year.

Posted By: Trish-D Re: Great Lakes Food Festivals - 04/06/09 11:38 AM
Excellent. Have a great time and thank you for reminding me about arts festivals. I'll probably tackle that in a future article.
Posted By: Edie - MysteryBooksEd Re: Great Lakes Food Festivals - 04/07/09 02:20 PM
I don't know about the other Great Lakes states, but Michigan sure has a lot of festivals going on around the state, especially along the lakes. Always something going on most anytime of the year. Interesting that many of them are food-oriented. We Michiganders sure do love to eat.

What makes it even more fun are the varied nationalities around the state so we get so many varieties of food to try out.
Posted By: franciesmom Re: Great Lakes Food Festivals - 05/19/09 08:51 PM
We have a great Cranberry Festival in Eagle River Wisconsin each October. There are also several other food, cranberry, and cheese (of course) festivals around the state.
© BellaOnline Forums