BellaOnline
Posted By: Angie Find anything new? - 06/12/21 02:44 PM
I have taken a step back on genealogy the past few weeks. I passed the registrar's baton to the new registrar and I am taking time to unwind. My daughter and son in law visited from Pennsylvania this week and that was a great respite. As I checked their room for anything for the laundry I came across something for which I had been searching. A group of kids' school photos and the one my daughter, the teacher, wanted was in the pile. I'm glad I found it.

I scanned the photo and fortunately it was saved. I was scanning a graduation program and had just finished page 11 when my laptop froze. I'll have to rescan the program. I still have about 50 pages of my father's WWII letters to my mother to scan too. I need to finish that job so that I can clear off my desk.

An email about decluttering came today and reminded me that to avoid being overwhelmed by any job you undertake, work on a small chunck at a time. It's like the joke, "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time." Genealogy is like that, one step at a time.
© BellaOnline Forums