BellaOnline
Posted By: Lisa Girl Scouts Fun Fall Festivities - 10/12/12 06:23 PM
I love this time of year. Nice cool weather, colorful leaves, Halloween. A bunch of troops in our service unit have a Boo Bash/Juliette Low birthday party every year and have a blast. This year we are adding a pumpkin pageant with all the creative pumpkins the girls decorated and collecting donations for "birthday in a bag." Everyone can bring an item that would be needed for a birthday party and afterwards, the items will be put together to make up bags to give to some kids who may not have a birthday party otherwise. What are some fun things you like about the fall and/or fall troop activities?
Posted By: VintageGS Re: Fun Fall Festivities - 11/01/12 08:42 PM
We try to have an outdoor event every Fall. Some years we go to a pumpkin patch or a corn maze. This year we hosted a Brownie Bug-a-Boo event. We held it at our local nature trails. It was a gorgeous Sunday afternoon and the girls really enjoyed themselves! Our troop also goes to camp in either October or November to enjoy the season.
Have you ladies been up to you necks in GS Cookies? For the past 50+ years, my vote has gone to Thin Mints. I sold hundreds of boxes of them in my years as a Girl Scout. This year I bought a box of Lemonades. They are my new favorite!! My husband who does not like lemon in his cookies is just crazy about them, too!

Thanks for all that you ladies do for young women.
© BellaOnline Forums