BellaOnline
Posted By: Mona - Astronomy Thanksgiving in Space - 11/26/20 07:10 AM

Many foods are associated with a traditional American Thanksgiving dinner. But what do you suppose would be on the menu for Thanksgiving in space? Would you have to squeeze turkey paste out of a tube and get gelatin-covered dessert cubes? No. Food has improved since the early days of space flight.

Thanksgiving in Space
Posted By: Lestie4containergardens Re: Thanksgiving in Space - 11/26/20 08:57 AM
Hello Mona,

This was a really interesting and 'smiley' read - thanks for posting and researching it. A smiley read is some you read that makes you smile while you are reading it as your mind goes walkabout with memories or hmmms or oh reallys.

I would like to add here some Thanksgiving wishes for everyone and all - may our collective takeoff today and our landing on Thanksgiving Thursday 2021 be a safe and soft one. Soft landings to us all I say.

Best wishes to and your families and friends for this fine day.

Cheers
Posted By: Mona - Astronomy Re: Thanksgiving in Space - 11/27/20 03:25 AM

Thanksgiving celebration on the ISS in 2019 shows the Expedition 61 crew members: Christina H. Koch, left, Aleksandr A. Skvortsov, Jessica U. Meir, Oleg I. Skripochka, Andrew R. Morgan, and Luca S. Parmitano.

You might remember that in October Koch and Meir carried out the first all-female spacewalk. (And about time too!)
Posted By: Mona - Astronomy Re: Thanksgiving in Space - 11/28/20 12:18 PM

A short animation from NASA:

Thanksgiving dinner aboard the International Space Station is a little different than one here on Earth. Watch this video to learn how astronauts living and working in space can enjoy holiday meals, thanks to the NASA Nutritional Lab at Johnson Space Center.
Posted By: Angie Re: Thanksgiving in Space - 11/28/20 01:30 PM
Great video. (Miss getting notifications from bella)
© BellaOnline Forums