BellaOnline
Posted By: Anu D - Orchids Whitefly Infestation - 04/19/16 04:57 AM
My Orchids are under attack by whiteflies, there must be others who also are facing the same problem. Read this article to know how to get rid of these pests.

Whitefly Infestation
Posted By: Anu D - Orchids Re: Whitefly Infestation - 04/21/16 03:50 AM
Here is a site which sells natural products to control Whitefly.
Natural Whitefly Control

And another site where you can check out the homemade solution to spray on the whitefly
Homemade solution for getting rid of Whitefly
Posted By: Anu D - Orchids Re: Whitefly Infestation - 07/11/16 04:04 AM
Whiteflies are back again. But I am also not resting!

The treatment which drastically drops the whitefly on my plants is spraying a mix of scented liquid hand-wash and water. I spray the solution on the top and bottom of the leaves early in the morning. Repeating this after a gap of 2 - 3 days removes rest of the pests.
Posted By: Anu D - Orchids Re: Whitefly Infestation - 08/03/16 12:04 PM
It is raining quite a bit here and whiteflies have vanished. grin (and dancing)
Posted By: Anu D - Orchids Re: Whitefly Infestation - 09/29/16 06:21 AM
I have been spraying water on the leaves, especially on the lower surface. This has helped keep down the whitefly populations. 'Persistent is the key'
Posted By: BB -Body Care Re: Whitefly Infestation - 09/29/16 11:27 AM
I had that problem once with another type of house plant. I mixed a bit of rubbing alcohol with water and spread the leaves. It seemed to help.
Posted By: Anu D - Orchids Re: Whitefly Infestation - 10/07/16 03:27 AM
Whitefly are not particular to orchids. They can attack and damage a lot of other plants such as citrus, crotons etc.

Alcohol and water also prevent other pests from damaging our plants. Can we spray the mixture, rubbing on leaves is possible only when the whiteflies have infected fewer number of plants? smile

Thank you for sharing it with us.
Posted By: BB -Body Care Re: Whitefly Infestation - 10/07/16 10:12 AM
Spraying with a mixture of alcohol and water seems to work best for my houseplants. I also dab a bit of the mix on the plant leaves with a swab or cotton ball, if I spot a pest sticking to the houseplants.
Posted By: Anu D - Orchids Re: Whitefly Infestation - 10/23/16 06:14 AM
Thanks BB, spraying is much easier. I have found that even if you spray persistently with plain water (I do that every morning) that too works in repelling the whitefly.

However, your method of using diluted alcohol is s good one too. It will probably prevent newer whitefly attacks. I will try dabbing particular pest spots too. Thanks again for sharing.
Posted By: Anu D - Orchids Re: Whitefly Infestation - 12/12/16 09:33 AM
Whitefly love high temperatures and become very active on sunny days. Now that the low temperatures and foggy conditions are here to stay, whiteflies are gone. laugh
Posted By: Anu D - Orchids Re: Whitefly Infestation - 02/28/17 03:46 AM
Whitefly season is fast approaching, take all necessary precautions.
Posted By: Anu D - Orchids Re: Whitefly Infestation - 05/07/17 05:37 AM
They are back again! But I have tried a new and effective way this to get rid of these.
I mixed one part chemical vinegar (you can also use organic vinegar) with ten parts water and sprayed the solution right on to the bunches of whitefly under the leaves and along the stem nodes. You can dilute the solution further if upon spraying you get a strong smell of the vinegar.
Spraying has stopped their further multiplication. You need to spray it daily early in the morning before whiteflies get active.
© BellaOnline Forums