BellaOnline
Posted By: Angie Tennis in Australia - 01/24/09 03:18 AM
I was in touch with an acquaintance in Australia and she said it is hot there now - around 37-40C - that's extremely hot.

The tournament is taking place there now at the Tennis Centre and she felt sorry for the players. I heard on the news tonight, that there was an ethnic rivalry at the end of the match and fans became a bit testy and violent - throwing chairs at each other.
Posted By: Adam Johnson Re: Tennis in Australia - 02/24/09 08:23 AM
hello... I don't heard about this news but it's really interesting news that at the end of the match and fans became a bit testy and violent - throwing chairs at each other...
Posted By: Outdoor Aussie Re: Tennis in Australia - 03/01/09 10:35 PM
Hi Angie, Yes unfortunately those events did happen :( It was between bosnian and serbian fans. Unfortunately because Australia is a relatively "young" country, often there are clashes between cultures that have nothing to do with "Australia" but more to do with the origin or country of imigration from these people. Ego's and cultural prejudice do have some impact, more so in the bigger cities where there are larger numbers of multiculturalism. Thankfully this isn't what I would consider an "epic problem" within Australia, and I guess every multicultural country faces culture clashes. It is sad that things like this occur though :(
Posted By: Gene Leshchinskiy Re: Tennis in Australia - 06/06/09 08:45 AM
Angie, This Event occurs really!! Audience becomes crazy about match and after losing one team against other people from losing team making crazy and riots like throwing chairs etc..
© BellaOnline Forums