BellaOnline
Posted By: Jilly 1976 centennial quarters - 12/29/11 12:43 AM
When i was a kid i used to save centennial quarters. Then as an adult i spent them as regular quarters because people told me they were not collectible. I wonder if they are now?
Posted By: Beetlemess Re: 1976 centennial quarters - 12/29/11 03:59 PM
I still find them occasionally in my pocket change & toss them into a small box, with other potentially collectibles. At least they will never be less than face value, but may not buy as much as they used to back in 1976.

Found this at Wiki.answers - Most BC <Bicentennial> coins are double to triple the spending worth in average conditions. Good luck getting triple... The golden rule of collecting: "No matter the worth of an item you will only get what someone is will to pay for it."
Posted By: Jilly Re: 1976 centennial quarters - 12/31/11 11:42 PM
Cool, thank you for the information, Beetle! I will be on the lookout for bicentennials, then. I bet they won't be as easy to collect now as when i was a girl. ;-)

You sound very knowledgeable about coins.
Posted By: Beetlemess Re: 1976 centennial quarters - 01/01/12 02:13 AM
I usually just pull from my pocket change. In fact, got a 1941 wheat-back penny in my change today. Those can fetch at least two-cents each, but it's only what someone will pay.

I'm not an avid collector but have dabbled in assembling various US coins & coins from countries I've visited into a collection.
Posted By: Jilly Re: 1976 centennial quarters - 01/02/12 08:49 PM
Pocket change. I will start doing that, then. Fun. I usually save my pennies until I have enough to roll and then bring them to put in my savings account. Right now I have a small jar of them. I think I will peek through them and see what's in there. Will report back later!

I am going to guess there should be at least one wheat penny in there, and maybe one from 1943 (those are supposed to be worth something more i think?)
Posted By: Jilly Re: 1976 centennial quarters - 01/04/12 06:18 AM
OKay, cool, I went through my change and found some wheat pennies.

So those are worth all of two cents each? wink

Oh and I found my stash of bicentennial quarters too.
Posted By: Jilly Re: 1976 centennial quarters - 03/20/12 11:10 PM
Cool, last week i found another bicentennial quarter. It's going in with the rest. smile
© BellaOnline Forums