BellaOnline
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Favorite City in Canada? - 07/03/10 12:34 AM
What's your favorite city in Canada? Why?

I think Quebec is really pretty smile
Posted By: Jilly Re: Favorite City in Canada? - 07/03/10 04:26 AM
While Victoria has a lot to offer, I have to say NOTHING beats Vancouver. My favorite urban metro city bar none.
Kingston, Ontario.

Canada was far more advanced in the studies of epilepsy. We went to the hospital up there with Mom once every two months or so (we lived near Watertown, NY - it was almost a hop, skip and jump).

It reminds me of childhood, Mom, and home.
Posted By: Nyx Cole Re: Favorite City in Canada? - 07/21/10 08:09 PM
Well I've gown up in Toronto and have lived there all my life, I went to university in peterborough and I can say that I'd easily live up that way again, but my hubby wont's to live in the Niagara regain he loves the falls. For me Toronto it is, because its my childhood home
Posted By: momto4 Re: Favorite City in Canada? - 10/21/10 09:36 PM
Orillia. I just moved from there and I'm homesick.
Posted By: Les Ex-BellaOnline Ed. Re: Favorite City in Canada? - 10/24/10 10:25 PM
That's not easy as I have never been to a Canadian city that I did not enjoy. However, with no disrespect to Quebec, Montreal, Toronto, Ottowa, Victoria,or Halifax, I would say Vancouver is my favorite: The Anthropolgy Museum, the Totems in Stanley Park, the harbor, multi-ethnic diversity and it's a departure point to the mystical Queen Charlotte Islands.
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: Favorite City in Canada? - 11/08/10 02:03 AM
I did not realize they have a Kingston in Canada. We have Kingston in Jamaica, West Indies too. And I think they have one in New York, USA. How interesting !!!!

Originally Posted By: Robin - Card Games Editor
Kingston, Ontario.

Canada was far more advanced in the studies of epilepsy. We went to the hospital up there with Mom once every two months or so (we lived near Watertown, NY - it was almost a hop, skip and jump).

It reminds me of childhood, Mom, and home.
Posted By: Raine - RPG Editor Re: Favorite City in Canada? - 12/09/10 07:44 AM
This thread reminded me of a funny story. When I was 16, my family went on a bus tour of the maritime provinces (that actually started in Ontario.) We toured from Toronto, up along the Saint Lawrence, through New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia, and even over to Newfoundland! In ever major city, we had the opportunity to view the University. Without fail, at each new campus I proclaimed, "*THIS* is where I want to go!"

I won't pick a "favourite." I can't. I haven't had the chance to visit even all the major cities, let alone the smaller gems of the provinces. I'll weigh in after I've had a chance to check out Edmonton, Saskatoon, Regina, Yellowknife, and Iqaluit!
Posted By: M o e Re: Favorite City in Canada? - 12/09/10 08:07 AM
I was surprised to see Kingston, ON. It's about 45mins away from me. Of the places I've seen so far I really love Jasper, Alberta.
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Favorite City in Canada? - 12/09/10 08:14 AM
When i was a kid I went to Canada with my mom & dad to visit family
While there i remember visiting a Church that had crutches and other things hanging up suppose to be of people who were healed
Would any one know of this Church and where it is
I wish i could find my lost relatives in Canada
Posted By: feritale Re: Favorite City in Canada? - 11/17/11 05:05 PM
The best cities in Canada would be Vancouver or Victoria, this is because of the weather and scenery. Near Victoria you can ski in the morning and then surf in the afternoon. In both cities you can golf and cycle most of the year. Vancouver has two ski hills less than an hour away. and several more up to two hours away. In the winter the temp. seldom gets to -10 c. with most days above 0 c. and very little snow shoveling. We should change the name of the Provence to British California.
Posted By: Mona - Astronomy Re: Favorite City in Canada? - 11/17/11 05:08 PM
Angela, there's a Kingston in Greater London too. It's on the Thames, very nice.
Posted By: RewardHunter Re: Favorite City in Canada? - 01/18/12 08:45 PM
Vancouver, by far. I use vacation rental sites like HereStay and HomeAway to find homes in the area whenever I can. I absolutely love it there.
Posted By: Jilly Re: Favorite City in Canada? - 01/20/12 12:11 AM
Vancouver! I love all the water and mountains.
Posted By: tashalb Re: Favorite City in Canada? - 02/19/14 04:23 AM
Quebec City is my favorite, Thanks a lot.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Favorite City in Canada? - 07/09/18 09:06 PM
I'm also fond of the Niagara wine region. The entire area is full of beautiful wineries and delicious ice wine. It's also near the Falls which are quite lovely to see as well.
Posted By: Monika R Canada Re: Favorite City in Canada? - 02/09/20 07:02 PM
As the Canadian Culture editor, I would really like to bring this topic back into the discussion forum and learn from our readership what Canadian cities are of interest and also to dispel any myths readers might have. Because I travel so much, I enjoy the many opportunities talking with people, especially when they say, 'Ah! Canada. I have a relative in ...' There's never been an interaction when that exclamation wasn't attached to a smile. I would love to hear some feedback and thoughts.
Monika R @ Canada

canadianculture@bellaonline.com
Posted By: DebFrost - Alaska Re: Favorite City in Canada? - 02/10/20 05:39 AM
I loved all of the Yukon and British Colombia (well, what I've managed to see of it so far), but I have especially fond memories of the Summerland and Penticton, BC area. I don't think it's a well known tourist destination, but it's just beautiful! It took me totally by surprise and was a lovely wine and fruit tree region. I came through in late fall last time and have plans to make my next trip earlier in the summer to taste more of the fresh fruits! I also look forward to staying longer along one of the lakes in the area next time - I saw what looked like a great campground along Skaha Lake (I think that was the name ...).
© BellaOnline Forums