BellaOnline
Posted By: SNC_Editor_Pam Sarah Palin and School Reform - 10/26/08 11:04 AM
What effects do you think we will see in School Reform if Sarah Palin is elected Vice President?

Palin details plans to help kids with disabilities
BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.
This is all about disabilities. What about her plans for neurotypical kids, which are the larger population? This is not a slam against the SN education community as my son is part of that; but we have a larger issue to deal with here and I feel like she is using her family situation to avoid the larger population of children.

Many people "have invested in their children's public school education" by removing them from the public schools--SN or NT--and homeschooling them. And guess what: they're producing far better results.

Posted By: Lynn_B Re: Sarah Palin and School Reform - 10/27/08 03:45 AM
Personally, I'm a supporter of school choice (public to private to home--whatever works best for the child). Funding should go where it will do the most good--regardless of whether a student has learning challenges or not.

Unfortunately, I don't see the VP having much of any impact on legislation related to education without having support from the POTUS and from Congress.

© BellaOnline Forums