BellaOnline
Posted By: msbaby What Fragrance Did Your Mom Wear? - 09/24/06 11:29 PM
Just wondering if anybody knows/remembers what their mom's or even their grandmother's favorite scent was?

I remember my grandmother having the following bottles on her dressing table:
Shalimar
White Shoulders
Norell
and my favorite
Chanel #5
Anybody else?
Posted By: smellme Re: What Fragrance Did Your Mom Wear? - 11/20/06 10:55 PM
my mom uses Hugo Deep Red but I am not sure about it being her favorite, but I do know she uses it.
The only perfume my mother ever wore was Topaz by AVON - it is now a retired scent. She wore prfume rarely, but the only one she liked was Topaz.

My maternal grandmother used to wear Candid and Occur by AVON. Those fragrances are also retired.

My paternal grandmother - I don't think she ever wore perfume.
My mother wore Jontue. I'm not sure about the spelling and I don't think it is around any more.
I had to think about that a moment but then I saw the bottle in my mind: Blue Grass.

Is it still around?
Posted By: LadyLvsNyt Re: What Fragrance Did Your Mom Wear? - 07/18/08 03:52 PM
my mom wore all the Avon florals from the 60's-70's: Lilac, Lily of the Valley, Jasmine, Hawaian White Ginger, Lemon Velvet, Roses Roses, Raining Violets, Blue Lotus, Honeysuckle... my grandmother wore an older Avon one called Cotillion and also Here's My Heart.
my mom also had a bottle of Chanel on her dresser. anyone remember Skinny Dip?
My great auntie used Cotillion, also - and I do remember it. Is it still around?
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: What Fragrance Did Your Mom Wear? - 07/18/08 03:59 PM
My mom did AVON I swear she had every thing they put out, were going back over 50 yrs i believe She just loved their Skin So Soft
Posted By: LadyLvsNyt Re: What Fragrance Did Your Mom Wear? - 07/18/08 04:11 PM
they will redo Cotillion once every few years as part of an anniversary promo, but it is rarer and rarer. And they still have Skin So Soft, it has branched into a couple of different scents besides the original now. My mom sold Avon unofficially(she sold it to her friends and got the orders for the Avon Lady)in the late 60's early 70's and I sold it in the 80's-90's. I miss it, but I can't handle the hassles anymore. Mostly now I look for the nostalgic stuff on eBay. I LOVE the smell of their original pink bubblebath--it IS childhood to me!
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: What Fragrance Did Your Mom Wear? - 07/18/08 04:16 PM
I still have a couple of my moms old Avon bottles
Emeraude by Coty. She is now 85 and wears Chantilly or other fragrances. But, the Emeraude, when I smell it, reminds me of her when she was much younger. It is a very subtle fragrance and about the only perfume I can wear due to my allergies.
© BellaOnline Forums