BellaOnline
What can make the fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin?
My feeling is if the fragrance from soap stays on my skin, the soap has been over-fragranced.
Posted By: Jilly Re: fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? - 08/02/12 11:56 PM
I want it to stay on my skin too. Otherwise, why am i bothering with a scented soap? I want the nice smell to last. smile
Agreed! I don't really want to put anything on my skin that I can't put inside my body (ingredient-wise).

I use an organic [and fair trade] shea butter soap.
you should change your shop I think this is not good for your skin.
I feel most products on the market are over-fragranced. I don't know how many times I walk by someone when I am shopping and whatever fragrance they are wearing is simply overwhelming.

Many work places do even allow people to wear fragrances because people have sensitivities and all that fragrance is too much for some people.

If you use a soap and can still smell it on yourself several hours later, it has been over-fragranced. Soap is meant for cleaning, not fragrancing.

If you want to smell nice after a shower, you can use a body mist or perfume. That's what those are for.
Jeanne, I totally understand! Overwhelming is not good, but there are times I walk past a person and they smell so good I wonder what they are wearing!
Posted By: Jilly Re: fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? - 08/03/12 06:27 PM
Jeanne, I love your products, but i still disagree about the soap. smile

It is like the LUSH store. I adore walking in there and smelling everything. I can stay in there for hours smelling each soap and it's like a fun Disneyland for me. But i know some people can't even go near the store because of the overwhelming fragrance assault.

The fact that the store exists and succeeds as a franchise worldwide at least shows that some people want highly fragranced soaps. Yum, yum, yum. smile
Jilly,

You are absolutely correct. There is a market for products with tons of fragrance in them. There is also a market for lightly fragranced or fragrance free items. I market to the second set of people. My products are decently scented (in my opinion) and I also carry a good array of fragrance free items.

In some stores, they allow people to sample perfumes and at times walking by those perfumes counters gives me a huge allergic reaction.

I walked into a Macy's, I think it was, and there were sales people with bottles of perfume spraying people. I practically yelled at them to not spray me. They didn't get it. Some people are sensitive or allergic to perfumes and you can randomly spray people. The perfume was already think in the air and I put my nose into my sleeve as I walked by. Can you imagine them spraying someone and that person having a serious allergic reaction?
Posted By: Jilly Re: fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? - 08/03/12 11:08 PM
I'm surprised that hasn't happened already.

I am just glad my sensory processing difficulties seem to exclude scent. Thankfully. I really dig scent around me. Candles, wax tarts, linen sprays, body sprays, scented oils, scented lotions, bath bombs, the whole shmeil.

Except on my face. I don't use fragranced cosmetics. Many fragrances are actually irritants and I want my completion as healthy as possible.

The rest of my body I consider fair dibs for scented goodies.
I can't use deodorants with fragrance in them. I will break out in a big rash.

As for the perfume sprayers in department stores, I was shocked they still randomly spray people in some stores. That's a huge opening for a lawsuit.
[quote=Jilly]I'm surprised that hasn't happened already. I am just glad my sensory processing difficulties seem to exclude scent. Thankfully. I really dig scent around me. Candles, wax tarts, linen sprays, body sprays, scented oils, scented lotions, bath bombs, the whole shmeil. Except on my face. I don't use fragranced cosmetics. Many fragrances are actually irritants and I want my completion as healthy as possible. The rest of my body I consider fair dibs for scented goodies. [/quote] Thanks...I also not use the fragrance cosmetics
Posted By: Omily Re: fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? - 01/21/13 02:54 AM
It depends on what brand it is, but most soaps cannot keep fragrance for a long time. Maybe you can try perfume. smile
I like aromas in all the products, for instance, soaps, lotions, bath salts etc. Fragrance is also present in essentials oils like lavender which is splendid, so I simply love lavender soaps and lotions
Posted By: riyash Re: fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? - 09/29/14 04:15 AM
I want it to stay on my skin too
I too find that scent does not stay on the skin and if it does it does not for long.
© BellaOnline Forums