BellaOnline
Posted By: Tas - Japanese Culture Japanese Table Manners - 12/15/12 08:57 AM
Having good table manners is considered a very important part of Japanese culture � and it's not just about not talking with your mouth full either. Find out what the Japanese consider to be good table manners before, during and after meals in this week's article!

Japanese Table Manners

P.S. Next weekend is the start of my winter holidays, and I'll be going to Nagoya for a couple of days. I'll still post an article, but won't be announcing it in the forum. Watch out for it, same time, same channel~
Posted By: Lori-Dreams Re: Japanese Table Manners - 01/06/13 08:49 PM
I was told that slurping the noodles was a way to suck up the broth, too. It was very confusing because in America, making slurping sounds is considered rude. Also, bringing your bowl or plate to your mouth is considered poor table manners here.

But there is no other way to enjoy ochazuke! laugh
Posted By: Tas - Japanese Culture Re: Japanese Table Manners - 01/07/13 07:12 AM
Ah yes... intercultural differences are interesting, aren't they? smile
Posted By: Angie Re: Japanese Table Manners - 01/07/13 09:14 AM
I like the part about eating in a circular motion - a way to trick kids - this way they learn to eat everything.....
Posted By: Tas - Japanese Culture Re: Japanese Table Manners - 01/08/13 06:44 AM
LOL
Hmm, interesting. I'd never thought about it this way... If your deduction is correct, the Japanese are truly brilliant. smile
© BellaOnline Forums