BellaOnline
Kyoto is well-known for its many shrines, temples and rich history. One particular tourist attraction in Kyoto that does not involve shrines and temples is Toei Uzumasa Eigamura, known as Toei Kyoto Studio Park in English.

Toei Uzumasa Eigamura � Toei Kyoto Studio Park
My husband would love to visit Kyoto for its shrines and temples so he might skip this one! But it sounds interesting!
Yup, it is fun. smile
I'm not a big fan of touristy theme parks, so I spent about half a day there. My main objective was to visit a temple that's in the area, so if your husband happens to visit this temple, he might wanna check out Kyoto Studio Park.

The temple in question is Koryu-ji. It's pretty small, and can be fully explored in less than an hour. Appearance-wise, it's pretty plain too. But the highlight of the is the treasure house. For an additional fee, you can enter the treasure house and see some very nice Bodhisattva statues, one of which is an important cultural heritage.

In 1960, one Japanese student who was looking at that particular statue, suddenly jumped forward and snapped off one of its fingers. Later, he claimed to be so enraptured by it that he couldn't help himself... This news was big back then.
Here're some pix inside the park...

© BellaOnline Forums