BellaOnline
Posted By: Modern Woman Drug Cos. profits and AIDS - 03/04/07 05:44 AM
Some years back I had made a study on the cost of the AIDS medication and I was suprised to find that the mfrs. are making huge profits. Is this moral?
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Drug Cos. profits and AIDS - 03/04/07 05:04 PM
also the doctors make a profit on each scrip they write, my friend over heard two nurses saying that. they did
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Drug Cos. profits and AIDS - 03/05/07 05:41 AM
Originally Posted By: skyhaven
also the doctors make a profit on each scrip they write, my friend over heard two nurses saying that. they did

That is still worse.
Posted By: Lady J Re: Drug Cos. profits and AIDS - 03/05/07 03:07 PM
They make money based on what they write. Some companies give perks to choose their medication over another.

Also, if we reformed the patent laws and generic meds laws, these pharmacutical companies couldn't hold out on the generic makers like they do now and these meds would be more accessible and affordable to the people who need them most.

Some companies just change a slight thing to their meds and refile for the patent therefore avoiding the chance it will go to the generic manufacturer
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Drug Cos. profits and AIDS - 03/15/07 08:05 AM
Originally Posted By: Jase
They make money based on what they write. Some companies give perks to choose their medication over another.

Also, if we reformed the patent laws and generic meds laws, these pharmacutical companies couldn't hold out on the generic makers like they do now and these meds would be more accessible and affordable to the people who need them most.

Some companies just change a slight thing to their meds and refile for the patent therefore avoiding the chance it will go to the generic manufacturer

What about their morals?
Posted By: Lady J Re: Drug Cos. profits and AIDS - 03/15/07 08:40 AM
Drug companies tend not to have morals. Morals and business usually don't comingle well. That is unfortunate. There is such thing as business ethics, but it seems that the drug companies like any other business aren't always the most moral or ethical.
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Drug Cos. profits and AIDS - 03/15/07 09:36 AM
Drug companies tend not to have morals. Morals and business usually don't comingle well. That is unfortunate. There is such thing as business ethics, but it seems that the drug companies like any other business aren't always the most moral or ethical.

I believe that high morals and ethics can pay more in business.
Posted By: Lady J Re: Drug Cos. profits and AIDS - 03/16/07 12:51 AM
I believe so as well. in my business we have a high moral and ethical standard. But the same is not true in the corporate world.
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Drug Cos. profits and AIDS - 03/16/07 04:25 AM
I believe so as well. in my business we have a high moral and ethical standard. But the same is not true in the corporate world.

How does this money help these people? We are supposed to help and not destroy. Sad.
Posted By: Lady J Re: Drug Cos. profits and AIDS - 03/16/07 06:49 AM
it doesn't. It just pads the corporate wallets more than needed. However, some of the Prescription assistance programs are a start!
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Drug Cos. profits and AIDS - 03/16/07 07:16 AM
it doesn't. It just pads the corporate wallets more than needed. However, some of the Prescription assistance programs are a start!

what are these programs?
Posted By: Lady J Re: Drug Cos. profits and AIDS - 03/16/07 10:02 PM
Prescription Assistance programs or PAP's are where if you fall within certain income guidelines and insurance guidelines, the drug company can give you up to three months of your medication at a time for no cost. You can usually search them out through the specific drug company websites or doing a google on prescription assistance programs or drug company programs or prescription programs.

I take almost 1500 in meds a month and don't pay for any of them because I get my meds from a couple PAP's
Posted By: Lady J Re: Drug Cos. profits and AIDS - 03/16/07 10:06 PM
also note, that the specific programs I know of are for US citizens. I don't know if there are international programs or nation specific programs.
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Drug Cos. profits and AIDS - 03/18/07 04:56 AM
Prescription Assistance programs or PAP's are where if you fall within certain income guidelines and insurance guidelines, the drug company can give you up to three months of your medication at a time for no cost. You can usually search them out through the specific drug company websites or doing a google on prescription assistance programs or drug company programs or prescription programs.

I take almost 1500 in meds a month and don't pay for any of them because I get my meds from a couple PAP's

What is the status of your disease now? what are the counts?
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Drug Cos. profits and AIDS - 03/18/07 12:05 PM
In India, the Govt. gives meds free. But you know about how that works in India.
Posted By: Lady J Re: Drug Cos. profits and AIDS - 03/18/07 11:12 PM
Originally Posted By: cdmohatta
What is the status of your disease now? what are the counts?

I am sorry. I am not actually positive. I was refering to the medications I take for my chronic asthma and allergies.

My partner was the one with HIV. I tested pos in 1997 then tested neg 6 months later. I had a false poz. 10 years later it is still the case
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Drug Cos. profits and AIDS - 03/19/07 04:19 AM
That is good. Sorry to know about your asthama.
Posted By: Lady J Re: Drug Cos. profits and AIDS - 03/19/07 08:19 AM
Asthma is something that I can live with. It doesn't like to live with me nicely at times, but we have an understanding. When it gets outta hand, I have to smack back LOL
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Drug Cos. profits and AIDS - 03/19/07 08:20 AM
You are enjoying the relationship. that is the way.
Posted By: Lady J Re: Drug Cos. profits and AIDS - 03/20/07 04:39 AM
not necessarily enjoying the relationship.. but living it LOL
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Drug Cos. profits and AIDS - 03/20/07 06:53 AM
I know. asthma can be very bad.
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Drug Cos. profits and AIDS - 03/20/07 06:54 AM
Are you using any air cleaner- one that emits charged particles?
Posted By: Lady J Re: Drug Cos. profits and AIDS - 03/20/07 11:45 PM
no, they tend to be too expensive for me at the moment. My guy (dr) wants me to get an air cleaner though.
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Drug Cos. profits and AIDS - 03/21/07 04:41 AM
Before you buy one, make your doctor say with certainity that they will help you. I have seen doctors getting affected by marketing slogans.
Posted By: Annabellegggg Re: Drug Cos. profits and AIDS - 02/22/13 08:57 PM
Actually, there are a lot of other disease can also make huge profits in medicine industry. It's normal.
© BellaOnline Forums