BellaOnline
Posted By: Modern Woman Shaking hands - 12/02/06 05:07 AM
yesterday was AIDS day.
Will you shake hands with an active AIDS patient?
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Shaking hands - 12/02/06 07:57 PM
my daughter is living with the aids virus, i hug her and kiss her all the time
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Shaking hands - 12/06/06 09:03 AM
That is touching.
May god bless your daughter.
Posted By: Alexandra Re: Shaking hands - 12/06/06 10:51 AM
You could even make love with an AIDS patient - providing you are sensible...Let alone shake hands!
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Shaking hands - 12/06/06 12:36 PM
Quote:
You could even make love with an AIDS patient - providing you are sensible...Let alone shake hands!

Pl. give me the link. I can use that info.
Posted By: Alexandra Re: Shaking hands - 12/06/06 12:41 PM
There is no link.... But it's common sense, CDM.... AIDS is only contagious when there is an exchange of a marked quantity of bodily fluids. (Blood or Semen....)
prevent the fluids from passing from one person to another, and there is no problem.
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Shaking hands - 12/07/06 08:30 AM
There is more to it. When you say marked quantity, that makes one think.
I will talk to some doctors and find out more.
Because you may indulge in sex if you are on anti retroviral therapy. I will have to find out. Thanks for giving me something to think.
Posted By: Lady J Re: Shaking hands - 01/09/07 11:45 PM
I would touch, hug, shake hands, etc with a person with AIDS. They are a person after all.

I did not shun my late partner because he had Aids. We became informed and enjoyed a regular reltionship just as any other couple.

I have since become an HIV/AIDS educator and trying to get on the college speaking circuit to talk about Aids/HIV
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Shaking hands - 02/19/07 12:56 PM
Originally Posted By: Jase
I would touch, hug, shake hands, etc with a person with AIDS. They are a person after all.

I did not shun my late partner because he had Aids. We became informed and enjoyed a regular reltionship just as any other couple.

I have since become an HIV/AIDS educator and trying to get on the college speaking circuit to talk about Aids/HIV

Did you have physical relationship?
Posted By: Lady J Re: Shaking hands - 02/19/07 07:57 PM
Yes we did
Posted By: Julie - Computer Careers Re: Shaking hands - 02/20/07 02:53 AM
Absolutely, I assume that I do on a regular basis. I'd be more concerned about passing something on to them than vice versa!

Julie
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Shaking hands - 02/20/07 05:07 AM
Any link about safe sex with an AIDs patient?
Posted By: Lady J Re: Shaking hands - 02/20/07 06:27 AM
CD, I am still getting the site together. It might be a few weeks before it is up and running. I just got back from a national GLBT college conference where I presented two programs. I am trying to catch up from being incommunicato via internet for 1 week.

I promise I will get you the type of information you seek ASAP!

Julie, yes, that was more of a concern for us. I was on top of any ill feelings I got so in case it was a bug i wouldn't give it to him
© BellaOnline Forums