BellaOnline
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Deanna's Goal Thread - 09/10/10 08:23 PM
Jilly had such a great idea, I decided to follow suit!

My five year goals:

1. To be in a comfortable size 12.
2. Own a lovely home, in a great neighborhood.
3. Be in a regular exercise program that works well for me (I'm still figuring that one out).
4. I have mastered bar chords on my guitar.
5. Healthy, harmonious, relationship with my spouse and kids.
6. Have my son (who will be 18) focused on what he'd like to do after high school.
7. To have at least four CDs recorded, and a regular tour schedule.
8. To have completed four paranormal/romance novels (I already have two of them started LOL).
9. To have another creative, writing-related outlet, that makes me money!
10. To be making $5,000 on my own.
11. To have spent one summer touring Great Britain.
12. Vibrant health.

Okay.... so these are my five year goals - I may add to them. HA... I probably will add to them wink
Posted By: RebeccaG Re: Deanna's Goal Thread - 09/10/10 11:46 PM
Ok. I am inspired will have to re-evaluate my goals and get my own thread going.

You sound ambitious and will be very successful smile
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Deanna's Goal Thread - 09/11/10 01:12 AM
Aw Thanks Rebecca. I think I just feel so much better about it because the support here is just so amazing. I just get so excited!
Posted By: Jilly Re: Deanna's Goal Thread - 09/11/10 03:06 AM
Deanna, did you start with your priorities somewhere? Can you copy them here so we can see if this is all in line with that? Lisa says that is where we should all start. I think once you have those up, we can all talk and see if your five year goals are in line with that and create one year goals for you. Then short term goals!
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Deanna's Goal Thread - 09/11/10 04:59 AM
My priorities?? Umm, I don't think I wrote this down anywhere. So would that be what I want?

Like my priority is to have good health and loving relationships, and make money doing what I love? That type of thing?

Maybe I should go look and see what other people wrote and get some ideas!
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Deanna's Goal Thread - 09/11/10 05:25 AM
Okay, here are my priorities. I found them in the "Priorities" thread in Self Development. They are two years old LOL!

My priorities are:

More time in spiritual reflection.

Getting in great physical condition. Get my food allergies under control, loose weight and get back into a regular exercise routine.

Nurture my relationship with my husband and children.

Helping others. I enjoy helping others along their spiritual path, and really feel that it is my calling.
Posted By: Jilly Re: Deanna's Goal Thread - 09/11/10 05:55 AM
Wonderful that you found your old list. Those are truly lovely.

Did you want to add something about finances in there, as you mentioned making money doing what you love?

If you feel ready and good about your priorities, then take a look at your five year goals and break them down - do they each fall into one of your priorities? Do you need to adjust anything?

Once you feel great about your lists, we can start to break things down into year goals for you. smile

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Deanna's Goal Thread - 09/12/10 12:21 AM
Deanna - those are great five year goals, and they look like they're well in line with your priorities! They are fairly concrete which is important for goals!

Jilly's right, the next step is to think up short term, one year goals that head you in this direction!
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Deanna's Goal Thread - 09/13/10 05:53 PM
Okay - here are my updated priorities (thanks for the reminder about the finances, Jilly).

Financially prosperous. Able to support myself and my family.

More time in spiritual reflection.

Getting in great physical condition. Get my food allergies under control, loose weight and get back into a regular exercise routine.

Nurture my relationship with my husband and children.

Helping others. I enjoy helping others along their spiritual path, and really feel that it is my calling.
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Deanna's Goal Thread - 09/13/10 06:05 PM
Now for my one year goals!

1) Good health.
2) Get into a size 12.
3) Record one CD.
4) Get my paranormal romance novel finished.
5) Weekly date nights with hubby.
6) Weekly game night with family.
7) Make money writing or performing.

Seems I should have more. Though I guess my weekly and monthly goals will fill everything out much more.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Deanna's Goal Thread - 09/14/10 08:32 AM
Deanna - that's a great start for now! Other goals will come to you as you go through it and you might alter some existing goals. That is fine and great! Most of those are nicely specific!

Can you think up more specific items for 1 and 7? You don't have to post those publicly if you're shy about them, but you should put specifics on your own personal notes!
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Deanna's Goal Thread - 09/14/10 02:53 PM
1) Good health / Get into a size 12
a) reduce anxiety/curb emotional eating
~ take my passionflower supplements daily
~ EFT tapping
b) stay on a gluten free diet
c) stay on a dairy free diet
d) write ALL THE TIME in my food journal
~ keep track of every bite/count calories and carbs

2) Get into a size 12 (see above)

3) Record one CD.
a) write original songs
b) practice them
c) work them out with hubby (he's my producer)
d) have him record them! That's all!

4) Get my paranormal romance novel finished.
a) put myself on a daily writing schedule

5) Weekly date nights with hubby.
a) write this in calendar

6) Weekly game night with family.
a) schedule on calendar
b) plan a dinner that the kids would like

7) Make money writing or performing.
a) write ebook for my Inspiration site
b) finish paranormal romance novel 1 (see above)
c) take finished CD to different locations, and ask about booking a gig
d) regular band rehearsals
e) network to find venues
Posted By: Lori - Marriage Re: Deanna's Goal Thread - 09/14/10 03:32 PM
BTW Deanna, what type of music do you write/perform/play?

My husband used to produce. He and his partner owned a recording studio before they sold it. My son plays jazz saxophone and wood winds plus bass. My husband was/is a percussionist (jazz and Latin percussion).
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Deanna's Goal Thread - 09/14/10 03:46 PM
I sing and (sort of) play guitar.

I do a lot of writing though, and write about metaphysical stuff.

Here's one of my youtube videos.

Shaman's Door by Deanna

My hubby and I played in a band together for years, he played guitar, I played bass (I'm a pretty good bass player) and sang.

I've been playing on my own for the last few years, because I'd go play coffee houses and new thought churches. But my hubby and I are thinking that now that my son plays drums so well, we might start playing together again. It would be fun! Maybe I could get my daughter to play the tamborine wink

That's so cool you have such a musical family!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Deanna's Goal Thread - 09/14/10 08:42 PM
Deanna -

You did an awesome job of breaking things down into manageable chunks that have specific values associated with them! that really helps with achieving your goals!

I think all of those are quite within reach, and we'll help you get on your way smile
Posted By: Jilly Re: Deanna's Goal Thread - 09/15/10 05:56 AM
deanna, i think those are great for a year. I think it's plenty and realistic. You have things that can be done in big and small chunks and also some things that you will work on to make weekly habits. fantastic.

it's great that you started your exercise thread too! I am using my walking thread to cover all that, since i'd already started it in that forum and Angela agreed i could keep it there. smile

Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Deanna's Goal Thread - 10/25/10 03:46 PM
Goals for week of October 25, 2010:

Healthy Eating
Polish the two articles I have nearly finished
Write two new articles
Finish up online dreamers workshop outline and pick date to start up
Present outline to a local healing arts school in hopes of getting a six week onsite class going
Attend editors' chat this Tuesday

Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Deanna's Goal Thread - 01/03/11 02:45 AM
It's a New Year! YAY! I always feel so inspired. One of my goals is to keep that inspired feeling ALL year long!

My January goals:

~ Write ahead for Inspiration, Dreams and my personal blog

~ Do my book reviews

~ Figure out Google Adsense for my personal site and youtube account

~ Lose 5 lbs.
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Deanna's Goal Thread - 01/04/11 04:18 AM
Did a review today AND got google adsense on my blog!!!

YAY!
Posted By: Jilly Re: Deanna's Goal Thread - 01/04/11 04:36 AM
Deanna, what a GREAT start to your new year. And hopefully the adsense will bring you a nice income stream.

What do you plan to do this month to lose five pounds?
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Deanna's Goal Thread - 01/04/11 03:42 PM
That's what I'm hoping Jilly!!!

As for my diet, I'm eliminating all the allergens again.

Right now I seem to be having a lot of trouble with something in my digestive track - I'm not sure where, but am thinking that going on a diet that is easily digestible and easily assimilated would probably make my digestive tract very happy.

And walking three times a week!
Posted By: adiamordiamond Re: Deanna's Goal Thread - 01/11/11 10:39 AM
Posted By: Jilly Re: Deanna's Goal Thread - 01/18/11 07:28 AM
Deanna, how is the walking going? I wish I lived near you and we could walk together, and chat about life goals and spiritual development!
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Deanna's Goal Thread - 01/18/11 04:54 PM
The walking did not go so well. Once I started having that weird pain, that I still don't know for sure what it is, that sort of stalled things out. I've been doing some stretching though.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Deanna's Goal Thread - 02/20/11 09:20 PM
Deanna -

The key is to not get discouraged as you try and discard various ideas. That's all part of the fun! Keep trying new ideas until you find a great fit for yourself!
© BellaOnline Forums