BellaOnline
Posted By: Astera What do you do after dinner? - 05/19/11 02:21 AM
Each evening, after dinner and doing the dishes , cleaning up... get ready to a little time of relex. Then I'd have my shower, and would look forward to spending the rest of the evening, relaxing! Enjoy the rest of the evening withe my husband or my mom. I'd either read a book, watch TV (if my favourite shows are on), watch a movie on DVD, or sit down at the pc, and get onto myLot. This is the best part of the day, where I get to do the things I'd enjoy so much.

How about you? How do you spend your evenings after dinner time?
Posted By: leahmullen Re: What do you do after dinner? - 05/20/11 11:54 AM
Astera,

Great topic!

I also wonder about the habits of others. Dinner and dishes are part of our evening routine. We�re a planning family so we talk a lot about what is going to happen in the coming days. My husband and I sign permission slips, reconcile our calendars, discuss any problems or issues with school/schedules, make sure homework is done etc.

This is the work I do in the evenings after dinner. Then it�s leisure time!!!! If I haven�t done my 40 minutes of exercise, which I normally do first thing in the morning, I have to do it before I go to bed. I might also read either a book or the newspaper, clean, post to forums, review my goals on 43things.com or watch a foreign drama. I might do any combination of the above, or I might go to bed early.

I�m a morning person and used to loathe evenings, however, over time I�ve discovered that with a routine I can enjoy evenings as well!
Posted By: Lokelani Re: What do you do after dinner? - 05/24/11 04:07 AM
I am to have finished on the internet by then. If not, I will finish off what I need to do online first, chat with friends and browse my favorite shopping sites ...

It's really my time to enjoy my rest and relaxation after all my daytime activities and things I needed to get done during the day.

I usually focus on reading for a few hours before bedtime.

I may go out for an hour earlier in the evening and later in the evening I may put my headphones on and just listen to the radio. I can do this comfortably either in bed or before getting ready for bed.
Posted By: deepak patel Re: What do you do after dinner? - 07/07/11 07:39 AM
after having my lunch i used to rest a bit and then fag and went to my bed for a bit sleep ...
Posted By: deepak patel Re: What do you do after dinner? - 07/11/11 05:44 AM
some times after having my dinner i used to chat on internet on facebook does some gossip with friends ... and then go to bed...
Posted By: carolinaaram Re: What do you do after dinner? - 11/02/11 03:05 PM
After having my dinner I preferably go to walk. I think walking some steps after dinner is very good exercise for our body and mind.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What do you do after dinner? - 11/05/11 03:47 AM
I tend to work from the moment I wake up, straight through. My poor boyfriend doesn't get any time with me. So when it gets to the end of the day I sit down with him to watch a show or two with him, to spend some time with him. We tend to watch shows like the Closer or In Plain Sight that have interesting situations we can discuss. Then he'll fall asleep and I'll get back to work!
Posted By: jodiemt Re: What do you do after dinner? - 11/14/11 04:56 AM
After dinner, I read a novel. Every night.
Posted By: Susan Helene Kramer Re: What do you do after dinner? - 11/14/11 06:54 AM
Read, watch a favorite tv program or video, or write. My hubby and I spend that time in the great room together.
Posted By: joyanu Re: What do you do after dinner? - 01/26/12 10:16 AM
i chat my friends
Posted By: jodiemt Re: What do you do after dinner? - 01/31/12 04:50 AM
Watch TV, surf the Internet for sometime, then go to sleep.
Oh, I wish my mom was close enough to spend the evening with. That sounds comforting. I love visiting home and sharing time like that when we are guests.

After dinner here, we have to get the kids ready for bed and then double-check their backpacks and folders. I think we have a few more years before this phase settles into a more pleasant routine. Unfortunately this makes me a nightowl who looks for a bit of unwinding when I should be sleeping. I'll read a book or visit a forum.
I make phone calls to family and friends, read a book, write in my journal, post on BellaOnline, play music, or watch a tv program. When my boyfriend was still here (he recently passed away) we'd snuggle together on the couch and watch a movie, sometimes giving each other foot rubs.
Posted By: Jilly Re: What do you do after dinner? - 02/03/12 03:03 AM
I post on forums, do some online business, and then usually watch a fun show either alone or with dan. them more forum stuff, then I read in bed.
Posted By: VintageGS Re: What do you do after dinner? - 02/03/12 03:13 AM
I watch TV or read a magazine.
Posted By: Jenny - Feng Shui Re: What do you do after dinner? - 02/03/12 03:56 AM
Satisfy my Facebook addiction and talk to both my kids who live in other parts of the country. Also watch TV with my husband if anything good is on.
Posted By: Donnarie Re: What do you do after dinner? - 02/04/12 01:37 AM
It depends. Usually I'm playing catch-up with some things I didn't get to during the day or talking to the kids. Maybe getting back online like now. Often we watch a family movie together or my husband and I will watch a movie alone later. Then I read until I can fall asleep.
I have a permanent list of jobs that need to be done, but when once it goes dark I think my work day is over. That's when I mess on the Internet (as opposed to work), or watch DVDs or read.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What do you do after dinner? - 03/14/12 01:12 AM
Violette -

I used to Skype with my Dad every evening. It was a great way to touch base that was casual and relaxed. Plus it's free. Could you do that?
Posted By: Pantofi Re: What do you do after dinner? - 09/28/12 12:07 AM
Each day i am having a 20 minutes break to relax after dinner.
Enjoy all the posts about friends/family, I also like to go on walks on the beach and watch the sunset. Christine successcoach
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: What do you do after dinner? - 12/28/15 05:01 PM
Since my dad is always in the living room which is right where the kitchen is I eat my meals downstairs (except the breakfast but i often have to come here for that too) so that means in front of the television so after I either stay there or I go to my computer, sometimes I just put on music when I eat. Soon I'll start doing other things to occupy myself besides watching television and being on the computer.
Posted By: Susan Helene Kramer Re: What do you do after dinner? - 12/29/15 05:45 AM
hubby clears the table and I take a cat nap for half an hour, shower, meditate, read or watch murder mysteries on the BBC.
© BellaOnline Forums