BellaOnline
Posted By: Maureen-Twisted artist Medical education questions? - 02/26/10 08:43 PM
smile Hello everyone!

I am getting ready to venture back to school- I am thrilled btw!! and will be attending the local College for phlebotomy. The application is stating I need my shot records from my childhood years. (I am 43) and I do not have a copy nor would I know where to obtain a copy at this junction. I do have the requested current medical such as physical and so on, so in short (too late I know) if I am unable to provide my shot records from 40 years ago, is this going to be a deal breaker for my medical education?

If I am unable to obtain these records, what alternative do the Colleges usual accept if any? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.......
Posted By: Cheryl-Colleges Re: Medical education questions? - 02/26/10 09:01 PM
Hi there,

Although I'm no longer the Colleges editor, I wanted to reply to your question. I would suggest speaking with your primary care physician to see if you can have blood drawn and tested. Antibody titers can indicate whether your body has immunity to the diseases which vaccines are supposed to protect you from getting. The test results can be given to your new school as evidence of your status.

Hope that helps.

Good luck!

Cheryl Likins
Originally Posted By: Cheryl-Colleges
Hi there,

Although I'm no longer the Colleges editor, I wanted to reply to your question. I would suggest speaking with your primary care physician to see if you can have blood drawn and tested. Antibody titers can indicate whether your body has immunity to the diseases which vaccines are supposed to protect you from getting. The test results can be given to your new school as evidence of your status.

Hope that helps.

Good luck!

Cheryl Likins

That sounds like a really good idea. I will do that and hope this will be enough to support my medical shot history.

Thanks so much! Any suggestions to an ol bird like me returning back to school?
© BellaOnline Forums