BellaOnline
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Organizing your College Records - 11/05/11 10:38 PM
How do you guys organize your college records, to keep track of your documents?

I have one hanging folder in my desk. It has inner folders for high school, transcripts (from other colleges), Northeastern (general bills), Financial Aid, and then Curriculum.

Curriculum has my course map documents in it, that list out what courses I've taken and which still need to get done.

Do you guys keep folders like this?
Posted By: Susan-Colleges Re: Organizing your College Records - 11/05/11 11:03 PM
Lisa,

That's great that you have that organized. It is important to keep college records organized. Transcripts, financial aid paperwork, tax information (in case of audit) and other important information (like a course waiver) must be maintained in a place you can access them. Sometimes this paperwork can be maintained electronically.

I would suggest keeping copies of official transcripts (in sealed envelopes) too for all previous college coursework. On three different occasions, I have needed them immediately for potential jobs. Sometimes it can take a while to request official copies. I keep copies of those in my firesafe of those.

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Organizing your College Records - 11/05/11 11:34 PM
Susan -

Yes the "transcripts" folder has all my previous college transcripts, in my case from WPI and Harvard. In fact I just looked and my SATs are in there too. Hmmm maybe I should make a separate folder for those.

Interesting, I don't think any of my jobs - and I job-hopped quite a bit - ever required college transcripts. It's hard to remember now though, I've worked for myself for over 10 years so that was a while back. I do remember one made me take in essence an IQ test as part of the process. That was BlueCross BlueShield.
Posted By: Susan-Colleges Re: Organizing your College Records - 11/05/11 11:44 PM
I think that it never hurts to keep 1 official copy of each transcript in a safe place just in case you ever need it.
© BellaOnline Forums