BellaOnline
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb book-hoarding issue - 03/06/17 08:15 PM
I just finished up creating some fresh listings to declutter. I now have 143 items listed on Ebay plus another 165 on Amazon - mostly books. How did I get this many? I still have tons left on shelves, too! Clearly I have some sort of a book-hoarding issue that I need to resolve smile. Are you in this boat?

Posted By: JOY (Self Development) Re: book-hoarding issue - 03/07/17 10:57 AM
Hi Lisa, a recent UK TV programme featured a couple who had accumulated over 30,000 books. Their home had become rather dangerous and every so often they would shout "timber" to each other as floor-to-ceiling columns toppled to the ground. Joy
Posted By: Angie Re: book-hoarding issue - 08/10/19 01:52 PM
I have this problem too. I especially salvage rare old books. The library discards books when they have not been in circulation for a couple of years. I often think they should showcase some of these books and introduce them to a new audience. I found a list of suggested classics to read this summer. At the library book sale I found one of them - Animal Farm by Orwell. I had read 1984 years ago but not this one. Animal Farm was written in 1940 and was satire? of the Bolshevik Revolution in 1917. I was a nervous Nelly by the time I finished reading this small book.
Posted By: JOY (Self Development) Re: book-hoarding issue - 08/11/19 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by Angie
...I especially salvage rare old books...

Hi Angie, just think, when 'real' books are no longer published, you could open that room to the public as a 'rare book museum'! Joy
Posted By: Angie Re: book-hoarding issue - 08/12/19 12:44 AM
Originally Posted by JOY (Self Development)
Originally Posted by Angie
...I especially salvage rare old books...

Hi Angie, just think, when 'real' books are no longer published, you could open that room to the public as a 'rare book museum'! Joy

LOL, perhaps

Nice thing is about real books, young people like to hold books in their hands. Books are not going away.
Posted By: Angie Re: book-hoarding issue - 08/06/23 01:05 AM
Periodicals and saving articles - I must have had company come in 2019 and cleared off a chair and dining room table and stashed stuff in a coffee table drawer in the living room. Yesterday, I cleared out the drawer and found newspaper articles, periodicals, books and what not dated 2019. I went through the stuff and threw out a pile of papers but only after I read through them. The house is probably ten pounds lighter. LOL
© BellaOnline Forums