BellaOnline
Which version do you prefer- the old school versions of the marvel comic characters (Avengers, X-men, Fantastic Four) or the newer cartoon portrayals? The newer versions bring in character flaws and play up characters quirks, but I still prefer the old school versions. I like my super heroes somewhat perfect, serious, and focused!! How about you? Why?
Both were good in its own way. smile Older ones were good just to read because we haven't thought that it would be a movie soon. smile That was the excitement. smile
I like the older versions better. I think the art was better. I don't like the feel of the new "boxy" type superheroes.
You're right! I hadn't even thought about that. It never occurred to me that some of the comics I read when I was little would have been made into movies- I wouldn't have thought it possible. I remember being totally mesmerized seeing Superman for the first time- I thought he could really fly, lol.
You know, I like the art of the older ones better too- I think it's because they're hand drawn. While it's great that they can do so much in animation, I kinda wish they would limit it to special effects or something. There's something about hand-drawn characters that just gives them "life", a realism that can't be copied. Just my $0.02.
© BellaOnline Forums