BellaOnline
Posted By: Pam_Relationships cyber cheating - 11/09/06 05:04 PM
I am curious if any of you out there have any knowledge about cyber cheating or cyber sex. I haven't had my head underground, so I know it exists, but I haven't had any personal experience with it. I would like to understand more about how it personally impacts on a relationship if one of the people in that relationship "cheats" over the Internet. Have any of you experienced this? Or, do you know someone who has? Please share your feelings.
Posted By: Alexandra Re: cyber cheating - 11/09/06 05:17 PM
To my mind, cyber cheating is just as bad as the real thing...It can even lead to the real thing.

My friend's marriage was destroyed by her husband's insistence on practising this past-time, even though he never actually got together with the 'other woman'. His persistence and habitual 'addiction' of this behaviour caused his wife to reach the verge of a nervous brakdown.
He refused to see it as cheating or being disrespectful, and didn't consider that it damaged his wife's dignity or self-respect. But he did agree that from the moment he began 'cyber-f***ing' as he put it - the physical relationship he'd had with my friend disappeared.
He put this down to the fact that she no longer did anything for him....

This may be an extreme example, but it's all I got.
Posted By: Pam_Relationships Re: cyber cheating - 11/09/06 08:43 PM
Thank you for sharing that, Alexandra. I can see how devastating this can be. I have ordered some book on sexual addiction and will be writing about the subject after I conduct more research. I will likely also be looking for people willing to be interviewed via e-mail. Thank you again.
© BellaOnline Forums