BellaOnline
I have to say what intrigues me the most is a toss-up between the science, religion, and the art. Everything during this time period was interconnected. Science and religion were immortalized in the works of art. Religion and science were at odds with each other (Angels and Demons anyone?). Religion patronized the arts (well, the papacy) and also controlled what could be depicted - at least initially. Fascinating.

What about you? What intrigues you the most and why? I'd love to know.
I love the culture, watching movies about the intrigues that were going on during that time period smile
I put down the art, music, and literature. It was just a bursting time of creativity and talent. It was kind of like God decided to touch the world during those years and said "create". And mankind did!
That's very true, Bach (1685-1750) was at the late part of the Renaissance! I love Bach's music. I have multiple CDs of Bach in my iTunes set, including a "Bach's Greatest Hits". You inspired me to go put it on.

Can't you just imagine people in the 1600s and 1700s listening to this? Jane Austen might have enjoyed performances of Bach's music in England!

Brandenburg Concerto is just so wonderful smile
© BellaOnline Forums