Posted By: activeleisure
Does anyone own a consignment shop? - 08/19/09 08:59 PM
I am giving serious thought to opening my own consignment shop (mostly children's clothing & items). If you have any experience with this I'd like to get a real idea of start up costs?
As well as any suggestions you'd have for someone just starting out.
Posted By: hostingdiva
Re: Does anyone own a consignment shop? - 09/22/09 07:15 PM
I don't own a consignment shop but I did a search and found a couple of articles that I think you may find useful: Tips on Starting a Resale Shop How to Start a Consignment Shop
I'm pretty familiar with businesses - so if you have any specific questions, I'm happy to try to answer.
I owned a arts and crafts consignment store. there is a lot you need to consider and realize when you go into this venture-
1. You will be responsible for your client's consignment items so you need to make sure you can keep their items secured.
2. There are a lot of expenses and especially on the start up such as Insurance. If you are a new business, the premium will be higher.
At the very least to give you an idea -
2. 1st last security for your location
3. Cost for any display racks, cases and such
4. Advertisement to help launch your business
5. All permits and licenses required