BellaOnline
Posted By: Sandra Investing/HFinance Charity Challenge - 04/22/13 09:52 AM
What charity or charities do you or would you support that help the environment and/or animals?

Personally, I am a big animal lover. So I have supported the National Wildlife Federation in the past. There are so many wonderful charities out there that help to improve our natural world.

So Here is a Challenge:

Name a charity that supports our natural world helping to improve our environment and our feathered and furred friends.
Posted By: Lori-Dreams Re: Charity Challenge - 04/22/13 11:59 AM
The ASPCA. American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. I support this organization by adopting and donating.

But thank you for this thread as it prompted me to look into other worthwhile environmental causes. I have been interested in Water.og. and was a former member of Greenpeace and PETA until they both got too militant for my tastes.

I was thinking about the Sierra Club, but there are so many local and smaller organizations, too.
Posted By: Sandra Investing/HFinance Re: Charity Challenge - 04/23/13 04:25 PM
Lori,

I like the ASPCA, too. I also like to support local charities that help those in my community.

And I know there are a lot of no-kill animal shelters who need our support.

I had not heard of Water.org but I googled them. What a great charity and so sobering to know how many people do not have clean drinking water. Water is so vital to life and I suppose I have simply took it for granted that it would be clean. You don't know how well-off you are until you see how others are forced to live.
Posted By: Joan541 Re: Charity Challenge - 05/14/13 12:50 PM
I support our local Animal Services volunteer group. They are very active on Facebook and work tirelessly to get dogs and cats adopted, rescued and fostered. They use the money to fun foster programs, education, spay and neutering and give money to rescue groups so various pets can go into rescue, rather than being euthanized. I used to support the local branch of the SPCA until I got involved in the animal services group.

I sell Avon and have an ongoing fundraiser where I donate 10% of purchases to the group.

I like supporting a very local group because I know where all the money goes and how it is spent.
Posted By: Sandra Investing/HFinance Re: Charity Challenge - 05/15/13 08:55 AM
Joan - It is wonderful that you support your local charity and do a fundraiser. I agree it is good to know where the money goes. Unfortunately, with some of the larger charities, one often wonders how much money is actually going to the cause.
© BellaOnline Forums