BellaOnline
Posted By: ExerciseEditor I got a chicken for my b-day!!! - 05/01/11 05:36 PM
My boyfriend's mum (kind of my MIL) bought me a chicken for my b-day. It's actually a chicken on my behalf for a family in Laos through Oxfam Unwrapped.

This is the coolest b-day present ever! I love that a family is getting a chicken that will give them eggs that they can eat or sell at the market.

I just went on the Oxfam Unwrapped site and you can buy all kinds of gifts like a goat, buffalo, calf, donkey, seeds, vaccines, a well, seeds, and other cool stuff!
What an awesome idea!
When is your birthday Miss M? I did not see it on your profile page. Happy Birthday!!!!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: I got a chicken for my b-day!!! - 05/02/11 07:24 AM
Very neat - congratulations! I support Heifer for the same reason, I love buying animals as gifts smile
I am involved with the heifer project, it feels good to give a gift that can keep giving. Not just a single back of rice, but an animal that can be bred, give milk, or animals that can be sheared for clothing. Give knowledge, seeds, and clean water.
Posted By: ExerciseEditor Re: I got a chicken for my b-day!!! - 05/02/11 01:47 PM
I don't think I added that in my profile D, but it's today. Just realized I don't even have a picture in my profile. I'm adding one today!
Happy Birthday Monica and many more to come your way smile
© BellaOnline Forums