BellaOnline
Posted By: DonnaCrimeEditor Poisonings - 06/02/11 03:37 AM
My series on the Excedrin and Tylenol murders are complete.

Excedrin part 1

Excedrin part 2

Tylenol part 1

Tylenol part 2

Amazing how someone can kill so indiscriminately. Anyone could have gotten ahold of the tainted pills...maybe even someone the killer knew and loved. But in the Nickell case, she didn't seem to care as long as she got the extra insurance and the Tylenol killer apparently had no connection to any of his/her victims.

Thoughts on Nickell's innocence? The reward her daughter stood to gain was quite large and certainly could prompt some people to lie. But I just can't get past her having TWO out of only FIVE poisoned bottles in her home, especially since she said she bought them at different stores. She'd have to have the worst luck ever for that to truly happen.

The Unabomber as Tylenol killer...maybe. Mail bombs and tainted pills both kill from a distance, without dirtying the killer's hands or placing him at the murder scene. It would fit, even the change in M.O. could be explained by improved product packaging. But the first bombs came before the Tylenol killings, so why would he change then? It's an interesting theory, but one that I don't quite believe.
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: Poisonings - 06/10/11 08:56 PM
Hi Donna:

This is one of the reasons I eat at home(lol). You just never know with folks that bring stuff to the office share for example. And forget Halloween candy, my now 24 year old daughter NEVER did the "neighborhood" - we always went to our church or local police or fire station. And always check stuff at the store. Take the time to open the top and look carefully to see if the "safety" measures are still in place. My boyfriend and daughter think I am being paranoid, but I am not going to be a "willing" victim...

Originally Posted By: DonnaCrimeEditor
My series on the Excedrin and Tylenol murders are complete.

Excedrin part 1

Excedrin part 2

Tylenol part 1

Tylenol part 2

Amazing how someone can kill so indiscriminately. Anyone could have gotten ahold of the tainted pills...maybe even someone the killer knew and loved. But in the Nickell case, she didn't seem to care as long as she got the extra insurance and the Tylenol killer apparently had no connection to any of his/her victims.

Thoughts on Nickell's innocence? The reward her daughter stood to gain was quite large and certainly could prompt some people to lie. But I just can't get past her having TWO out of only FIVE poisoned bottles in her home, especially since she said she bought them at different stores. She'd have to have the worst luck ever for that to truly happen.

The Unabomber as Tylenol killer...maybe. Mail bombs and tainted pills both kill from a distance, without dirtying the killer's hands or placing him at the murder scene. It would fit, even the change in M.O. could be explained by improved product packaging. But the first bombs came before the Tylenol killings, so why would he change then? It's an interesting theory, but one that I don't quite believe.
Posted By: DonnaCrimeEditor Re: Poisonings - 06/17/11 07:32 PM
Yeah, I always check stuff at the store, too. We do Halloween in the neighborhood, but I always check it very carefully.

As for potlucks...my main concern with those was the hygiene of some of my coworkers, sad to say. Yuck!
© BellaOnline Forums