BellaOnline
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Cleaned the Bedroom - 02/22/11 08:32 PM
My house had devolved back to being completely messy. The bedroom had giant piles of clothes everywhere and every surface was piled with random junk. I sleep in there (makes sense) and I imagined that I was breathing in tons of dust every night which didn't feel good. So finally I went on a cleaning spree last night and finished up this morning. The clothes are all put away! The surfaces are clean! I vacuumed! I feel so much better about the bedroom now. I can go to sleep and wake up in a serene state, which is a great start and end to each day!

I realized my pants drawer has 9 pairs of sweats in it - all black! Those are all my pants I wear! I guess I'm monochromatic when it comes to pants smile I do have tops in different colors at least!

How are you guys doing with your bedrooms?

I have to admit that Bob still has his clothes pile in the back corner, maybe sometime I'll actually put those away for him.

Oh and the air conditioner is *still* in a corner even though winter is almost over smile
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: Cleaned the Bedroom - 02/22/11 08:35 PM
LOL, Lisa, now I need you to come over to MY house and clean OURs smile

I am very "lazy" and try to pick up as I go as you know HE is not doing this. But one day, not making any promises, I need to crawl up under our bed and see what is under there - yikes, no telling.
Posted By: Tammy - Cleaning Editor Re: Cleaned the Bedroom - 02/22/11 09:58 PM
Sometimes I think the bedroom can be the hardest to keep up with - because of the least amount of 'public viewing' it can get. Good Job Lisa getting it done. That is half the battle - now the other half is staying on top of it!!

If you have kids Angela - send them up under the bed - I bet they will think it is fun!!! (nieces or nephews work too!!) lol Good luck!!
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Cleaned the Bedroom - 02/22/11 10:24 PM
Good job Lisa, I went on a cleaning spree the other day
The temperature was near 60
So i got a touch of spring fever
I love opening the windows
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Cleaned the Bedroom - 02/27/11 04:55 AM
Rosie -You're brave! I haven't opened the windows yet smile

The bedroom is actually getting cleaner -now that the main mess is mostly gone I can more clearly see remaining mess and handle them one by one! Victory!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Cleaned the Bedroom - 05/07/12 10:48 PM
OK the bedroom had devolved smile I just put away all the clothes and at least that is done. Bob got us a new TV for the bedroom - he's insane because I'm sitting here counting pennies to pay my bills and calling every utility to get them as low as possible. But it was out of his bank account. In any case, it means our dresser now has a TV on it - he needs to get that mounted so that space gets back.

I also took all my old Avon creams out of the closet and put them on my dresser. Either I use these things or I throw them away at this point, they are fairly old. Hopefully I will use them of course.

Plus there are a few book stacks in there, for night time reading. That's in addition to the four bookcases in there smile. I have books everywhere. Progress is slow but steady in that area.

How are you guys doing with your bedrooms?
Posted By: Jenny - Feng Shui Re: Cleaned the Bedroom - 05/07/12 11:23 PM
Hi Lisa, sorry to tell you but a TV in the bedroom is bad Feng Shui. You are on the right track though by getting rid of the junk and clutter. I know its difficult to combine two personalities into one home/room so, I think I have an article idea in the making...lol.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Cleaned the Bedroom - 05/08/12 12:47 AM
Dear Jenny -

I have been resisting a TV in the bedroom for 16 years now. He finally just went out and bought one despite my protests and put it in there. On the upside, he always fell asleep in front of the TV downstairs and we never slept together. Which I disliked. So this seems to be the only way to get him to sleep in the bed. Which I do want.
© BellaOnline Forums