BellaOnline

On This Day: April 23, 1564 official birthday of playwright, poet and actor William Shakespeare, perhaps born on this date in Stratford-upon-Avon, England, so within a day or two his 450th anniversary. It is certain however that he died on April 23, 1616.

He could be Wilhelm Shakespeare he is so popular in Germany.

His works were first translated into German, and there are more productions of his works in Germany every year than in England.

Touring productions of German adaptations of Romeo and Juliet and Hamlet appeared in the first decade of the 17th century, there is a replica of his Globe Theater near to Duesseldorf, and the world's oldest Shakespeare society is die Deutsche Shakespeare-Gesellschaft DSG founded in 1864.

Some great links here on William Shakespeare around the world, including Romeo rocking in Hamburg.

World Wide Will

I am completely surprised! I thought England held the heart of Shakespeare.

One of the coon hounds I took in from the desert carries his namesake. There were three abandoned brothers in total. I named them Shakespeare, Poe, and Leonardo.

I was pleasantly surprised to find a complimentary German language study area on the link you provided. I believe I will have a go at polishing my sprechen sie Deutsch. smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM-Y1ch4b5c

Please go here and see what you see? I am sure you will all smile! Very sure!

Cheers
Lestie,

OMG Blackadder! That was TOO funny!
© BellaOnline Forums