BellaOnline

On the last Sunday of Advent it's time to light the fourth candle on the Adventskranz. Known as the Angels Candle it represents Peace - 'Friede'.

"Christmas is the festival of peace. Every year it comes in its own good time. But peace inside and among us can come only through persistent effort. This holiday reminds us that all people yearn for peace. Every year it admonishes us to be vigilant against the enemies of peace that lurk inside all of us, lest they cause harm not only at Christmastime but throughout the year."

Albert Einstein - His Christmas message for an international radio broadcast on November 28, 1948.

Posted By: Susan Helene Kramer Re: 4 Advent - The Peace Candle - 12/22/13 11:40 AM
I love Einstein's message ...
smile

His message speaks straight to the heart as well as to the head doesn't it Susan. We all of us want peace, both in our own lives and in the world as such, it is the ideal and an ideal to work towards.

And thank you for all you do towards that goal with your Daily World Peace Group Meditation. Am one of many who never fail to take part.........folks are quite used to me zoning off at 8 pm these days, no matter where I happen to be smile

Prettige Kerstdagen to you and yours Susan, Froehliche Weihnachten und ein glueckliches Neues Jahr

Francine

Hello Francine, I haven't spoken to you for so long and am sorry about that. You are so right when it comes to seeking peace both in our own lives and in the world around us. The only thing is that finding that peace is difficult to define as such, very often the opportunities are right under our noses and we do not seize them and for many reasons. ndeed, we may not see or notice them, but then if we do, they may take too much effort, or we are too busy or actually don't care or just plainly don't see why. It is an ideal we all pursue but often only pay lip service to it. Part of my 2014 approach to my life is to identify a weekly project to improve things around and within me. That in itself is difficult, but I am trying and this boat is slowly, ever so slowly but definitely turning. Cheers Lestie Container Gardening Editor.

Hi Lestie.........Glad you are back smile

Could not agree more:
Quote:
When it comes to seeking peace both in our own lives and in the world around us. The only thing is that finding that peace is difficult to define as such, very often the opportunities are right under our noses and we do not seize them and for many reasons. Indeed, we may not see or notice them, but then if we do, they may take too much effort, or we are too busy or actually don't care or just plainly don't see why. It is an ideal we all pursue but often only pay lip service to it.

Living in the moment and taking advantage/making the most of whatever the circumstances are is the only way to be, but for whatever reason, (conditioning?), beyond childhood it does not always come naturally so sometimes is something we must make an effort to 'relearn'.

And of course there are also times when we are kicked into awareness by a situation, which either affects us one way or another or is happening in the wider world.

But it is really worth the effort isn't it!

© BellaOnline Forums