BellaOnline
When an unidentified body is found on an island off the coast of Maine, an unlikely trio dig into the mystery. Master storyteller Stephen King pens a provocative and gripping tale.

The Colorado Kid was published in 2005, but is just as provocative and timely as when it first appeared on the best seller lists.

Here is the link to a review of the surprisingly engaging story of an untimely death:

The Colorado Kid

Are you a Stephen King fan? If so, which book is your favoite?
Hi Edie,

Thanks for the scoop on The Colorado Kid. That must be one of King's that I missed. Yes, I am a fan and I would have to say that my favorite book is Lisey's Story, athough I am still very fond of The Dead Zone.
Posted By: TrishD Re: The Colorado Kid by Stephen King - 05/16/09 02:50 AM
You know, I haven't read fiction by King in years. I did recently read On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft, which was excellent. A murder mystery might be just the thing to get me reading his stuff again. Thank you for the review.
Norma, I haven't read Lisey's Story, but I did like Duma Key. I actually haven't been a Stephen King fan over the years, but my daughter probably has read everything he has ever written.

Trish, I just read On Writing about a year ago and took detailed notes. He has so much wisdom, and I enjoyed how he intertwined his personal story with his writing advice. That book is or will be a classic.

Thanks for your input!

I also read his book about writing which was excellent so I decided to read one of his novels and I chose Misery. It was surprising - well written and so gruesome it actually made me feel sick. The horror film I saw was Carrie - it stayed with me for years.
I could barely watch Carrie, and don't think I ever really did see the whole movie. I have heard positive comments about Misery, but haven't read it as yet. Thanks for your comments.
© BellaOnline Forums