BellaOnline
Posted By: white riot GRE in 600s - 01/03/05 09:18 PM
I'm applying to PhD programs in political science. My GRE scores are pretty weak, though, considering I'm applying to top schools. Verbal: 610, Quant: 630, Writing: 6.0. Although my GPA is over 3.8, my research interests are a good match for the schools I've applied to, etc. etc., I get the impression that my scores could be detrimental.

I plan to study and re-take the GRE, but in the meantime, I'm wondering if the applications I've already submitted (for entering Fall 2005) have got any chance of acceptance at all.

Any feedback/advice for those of us with GRE scores in that ambiguous 600 range? No need to sugarcoat; give it to me straight.

Much appreciated.
Posted By: raleigh Re: GRE in 600s - 01/13/05 06:25 PM
I wish I knew more. I am in the process of studying for the GRE. I will be applying to PHD programs next year. I don't know much about how it works but I wouls say that your scores aren't bad at all. Maybe you could talk to some of your professors who studied in poli sci and see what they think. I would imagine that letters of rec, etc. will all be important and could maybe help weigh out your scores. Good luck!
© BellaOnline Forums