BellaOnline
Have you been told that Muslims are only allowed to befriend other Muslims? God tells us in the Quran who to befriend and who to avoid in life.

www.bellaonline.com/articles/art49064.asp
Hi Linda !! I don't know what the Quran says about the subject but I just know that there are some genuinely friendly and honest people of your faith. dave
I like your article Linda, right after I posted the one before this I thought about something. When I said "your faith" I felt a kind of separation. Like a division or something. You know maybe separation was never the original plan for any of us??? Does that make sense?? dave
Hi Dave!

I do feel separated from the main stream religious community as I do not have the same approach to my faith as the majority of Muslims and many people will tell me that I am making up my own brand of Islam.

I am sure God never intended for the human race to be 'separated' because of religion as all the major faiths say,'worship God alone' but I find many people do not agree with me on how I practise 'MY' faith.

The thing is, I am not asking them to agree with me. I just wanted to be accepted by the religious community for who I am and not for how I follow my chosen faith, but unfortunately this is not the way of the world. I am always being told I have got it wrong. I was told this when I was a practising Christian too. Conform or be banished!

There are plenty of Muslims who think as I do, people who chose not to follow the Sunni or Shia or 'whatever' way of practising Islam and I think it is how it should be. We are free to decide for ourselves which route to take and if someone disagrees with 'MY' way, then so be it, we don't have to fight about it.

I am English, I am bound to have more 'non Muslim' friends because of my upbringing and where I live, but that does not mean I do not integrate with anyone who wishes to talk to me no matter what faith they chose to follow.

I never judge another person for their faith or lack of it and I would never say to someone, 'I cannot be friends with you because we have a different approach to how we reach the Creator.'.

And what you said made perfect sense, separation, segregation is what has led to the mess we are in today. If everyone just got on with their own faith and minded their own business about everyone else's the world would be BLISS!

much love Dave, thanks for your support as always.
Linda, you are certainly fully accepted by me and many many others. From what I know of Allah, God, Jesus, Buddha, and the great Mother, if we forsake each other we have violated the precepts of truth that all of these deitys represent. The Christians own Bible states," There will come a day when men will kill each other believing that they are doing a service to God." The true heartache is that men and women will kill each other in these days, not for self defence, not to protect another person or themselves, but for money and/or power alone. Linda, the principles that you have stood for in your posts have been ordained from of old, from times and beings that have withstood the test of time and have made civilizations flourish. Blessings to you my Sister!!! dave
"I never judge another person for their faith or lack of it and I would never say to someone, 'I cannot be friends with you because we have a different approach to how we reach the Creator.'."
Linda Heywood

I would like to say I agree. I have never judged anyone because of what they believe or don't believe. I have many friends who are of various religions and it doesn't seem to bother any of us. If we are doing it wrong then nobody bothered to tell us! I don't understand why it would bother anyone. but that is me. I just wanted to jump in , sorry.
Hey LBP

Nice to have you jump in, long time! Me neither, why get upset because someone else has a different belief to us. It never bothers anyone I am around which religion we follow. They only care if I have the kettle on for tea!
People are people. If they treat others with kindness and respect I don't give a hoot what they believe or don't believe. Religious beliefs are personal and private, and deserve respect. I also know people of many different beliefs including Muslim, and all are wonderful people.

Peace.
I don't think that muslims are only allowed to befriend other muslims. I have muslims friends too. But i am not muslims..
© BellaOnline Forums