BellaOnline
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Child Abuse! - 05/01/11 08:00 PM
We may not realize this fact, but EACH of us can sometimes save a child from abuse.

Pay attention to when family members or just someone says they are "stressed" or their child or children are "pissing them off" = these are possible signs of someone that needs you to perhaps offer to give them a break from their kids. Not that they are bad parents or hate their kids - just need some time to regain their sanity.

With times being hard and a lot of single parents not having family nearby, some kids get the tail end of their parent's anger, frustration or just plain depression.

Believe me, I have been there and had to "shut" myself in my room to avoid slapping my little "princess" (now 24)...

Yes, I was fortunate to realize that it was not her fault I was raising her on my own or that my boss was a total "jerk" that day. She did not realize that mom needed some time to "destress" before she starting whining or crying about something.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Child Abuse! - 10/21/11 11:25 PM
I might feel better about your post if you had not stolen the content from About.com and then posted a link to an installment loan business.
© BellaOnline Forums