BellaOnline
Posted By: Meg_Homeschooling Tandem nursing? - 04/19/04 05:36 PM
I'd love to hear stories from tandem nursers!

Meg
Posted By: Susan Helene Kramer Re: Tandem nursing? - 05/15/04 12:23 PM
Hi Meg,

What is tandem nursing?

Susan
Posted By: Meg_Homeschooling Re: Tandem nursing? - 05/19/04 12:21 AM
Like a tandem bicycle - nursing two kids at the same time. I don't mean the same exact minute, but having two breastfeeding children.

Meg
Posted By: mama2manykidlets Re: Tandem nursing? - 10/03/05 04:54 AM
i know this an older post but i figured i'd put my 2 cents in! i nurse my 4 yr olds, my 2 yr old and my baby..not all at once since i dont have an udder...lol, i feel like it some days. i feel its a great way to continue the bond between mother and child as long as both parties are still comfortable..most of mine weaned themselves at age 5 or so...i love the quiet time with them and they still benifit from the breastmilk..gotta love antibodies! it can be a challenge and ppl don't understand my older kids nursing still but we decided before my first was born that we would do the child-led weaning and its totally up to the child when they stop nursing..sorry i know this was supposed to be about tandem nursing but that ties into extended bf so i got on a rant!
Posted By: ally465 Re: Tandem nursing? - 06/27/06 04:21 PM
I tandem nurse a nine-month-old and a three-year-old. I'm not sure what other specific information you're seeking, but I'll be glad to share my experiences.
Posted By: Meg_Homeschooling Re: Tandem nursing? - 06/28/06 02:02 AM
I';m not the moderator of breastfeeding anymore, haven;'t been in years...but it's still an interesting topic.

I tandem nursed my last two children, they were 19months apart. The older child actually nursed longer than the baby.

They are both weaned now and #5 is on the way.

Meg
© BellaOnline Forums