BellaOnline
Posted By: Modern Woman Anti-rape Device to Hit the Market - 03/29/07 06:08 AM
Anti-rape device created by South-African inventor Sonnet Ehlers is a condom like device called Rapex and has fish-like teeth that attach to the [censored].
Posted By: His Brandy Re: Anti-rape Device to Hit the Market - 03/29/07 02:09 PM
What is to happen when a woman uses this as a weapon of attack?

Posted By: Mindy - Re: Anti-rape Device to Hit the Market - 03/30/07 03:15 AM
...considering men are just statistically more likely to attack women i would think its more important women protect themselves then men be concerned about women attackng them protection devices.
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Anti-rape Device to Hit the Market - 03/30/07 05:09 AM
Originally Posted By: His Brandy
What is to happen when a woman uses this as a weapon of attack?

How will they do that?
Posted By: His Brandy Re: Anti-rape Device to Hit the Market - 03/30/07 01:11 PM
In the U.S. we are fighting for the right to own and use weapons for self defense. Many individuals choose to use these weapons to hurt another person rather than only in their own defense.

If a woman has to worry about her right to have say a gun, how will this be seen as a better option?

Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Anti-rape Device to Hit the Market - 03/30/07 01:19 PM
But this weapon can help only if one is being raped. It will stop that.
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Posted By: His Brandy Re: Anti-rape Device to Hit the Market - 03/30/07 01:22 PM
"However, the device has furthermore caused concern that it could be worn for consensual sex as part of a malicious act of revenge or outright cruelty."

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Anti-rape Device to Hit the Market - 03/31/07 06:03 AM
That would be very rare. But that is possible.
Posted By: Mindy - Re: Anti-rape Device to Hit the Market - 04/01/07 02:56 PM
I'm sorry - your more concerned about a few isolated cases of cruelty then a way to stop the growing and outrageously proportioned cases of men raping women?
Posted By: His Brandy Re: Anti-rape Device to Hit the Market - 04/02/07 01:44 AM
Mindy, I think you meant this for me.

My questions come from looking at this from all sides just because I tend to do that. I am curious how safe this product is for the woman, what are the chances of this thing only enraging the man as some comments on the articles suggest. Does it really work?

I only asked the first question that popped into my head which had much to do with the second post I made...how is the American government going to view this? My opinion is that it likely will be lumped in with weapons and seen as barbaric.

Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Anti-rape Device to Hit the Market - 04/02/07 03:20 AM
I believe that women should be given every help in protecting themselves.
Posted By: Mindy - Re: Anti-rape Device to Hit the Market - 04/02/07 04:07 AM
the reality is much like guns..guns dont kill people - people kill people those people who legally own guns are not typicaly the ones who use them in illegal manners - the same would be true for this
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Anti-rape Device to Hit the Market - 04/02/07 04:46 AM
This device is not hand held, is it?
Posted By: Mindy - Re: Anti-rape Device to Hit the Market - 04/02/07 05:37 AM
lol not to my knowledge it was a response to someone elses comparison of it to a gun
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Anti-rape Device to Hit the Market - 04/02/07 05:45 AM
If this is not ahand held device, it needs to be inserted. Right?
It will trouble only those who try to attack.
Am i right?

Bytalking of guns, we are getting confused.
Our objective is to find out if this device will help women.
I think that it will do that.
Posted By: Mindy - Re: Anti-rape Device to Hit the Market - 04/02/07 03:19 PM
its hard to say - it depends on exactly how it works?
Posted By: His Brandy Re: Anti-rape Device to Hit the Market - 04/02/07 09:03 PM
Mindy,

Considering that there is a huge movement to remove the right to have weapons, I am thinking trying to legalise this device is going to be difficult.

I am not sure about the whole U.S. but I know some areas make concealing a weapon illegal. I asked this question but I think you misunderstood my meaning.. wouldn't this device been seen as a concealed weapon?

Posted By: His Brandy Re: Anti-rape Device to Hit the Market - 04/02/07 09:06 PM
Mindy,

There are articles, discussions and such on the web about this..some are calling it barbaric and comparing it.

My comments and questions are about how my government and society will react to this and also the chances of this device not being safe and not being used as it should be.

Posted By: His Brandy Re: Anti-rape Device to Hit the Market - 04/02/07 09:21 PM
I began asking questions and making comments after reading the criticism section here:

Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Anti-rape Device to Hit the Market - 04/03/07 04:03 AM
No, that can not happen. It can not become a device in hand of men.
These people who are writing against the weapon do not understand the pain of rape.
I believe that every thing that helps women should be made leagal.
Posted By: engee Re: Anti-rape Device to Hit the Market - 04/03/07 07:24 AM
as far as i see its not just the "rape" that is sick even touching and kissing without the womans permission are dead sick.
these creeps shud be hung!
i wonder how mny will honestly repent.
Posted By: His Brandy Re: Anti-rape Device to Hit the Market - 04/03/07 12:31 PM
There are so many questions raised that I wonder if this really will help women.

Posted By: His Brandy Re: Anti-rape Device to Hit the Market - 04/03/07 12:35 PM
Engee,

Considering America won't even truly punish a rapist or a child molester, I am really doubting this device will be legal or acceptable in my country. As a country we have gone so far as to create laws to protect a criminal's safety and well being.

I am disturbed by this.

Posted By: engee Re: Anti-rape Device to Hit the Market - 04/04/07 01:39 AM
:-(
...but i dont think india is any different.
sad...very sad
Posted By: His Brandy Re: Anti-rape Device to Hit the Market - 04/04/07 12:41 PM
Engee, I am not sure what the laws are in India that might effect the legality or acceptance of this device.

Posted By: engee Re: Anti-rape Device to Hit the Market - 04/04/07 12:59 PM
oh,neither do i.but i dono what gud it is anyway.
Posted By: Texasdave8 Re: Anti-rape Device to Hit the Market - 05/23/07 11:23 PM
There is an anti-rape device that has been on the market for years. It's called a gun.
{rolling eyes} Yes because women that are raped know exactly when that is going to happen - so always have a gun handy. smirk

And, we can get it out of our handbag in time, too.

This is why rape is a women's issue - because most men have no inkling of what really happens - and how can they?
Posted By: Mindy - Re: Anti-rape Device to Hit the Market - 05/24/07 04:14 AM
yes and I ALWAYS choose to carry a handbag even just to run in somewhere so there is no chance I would be caught without it
Posted By: cruze4fun Re: Anti-rape Device to Hit the Market - 05/29/07 08:53 PM
Some men get raped too. Usually as boys. So, do not make assumptions.
© BellaOnline Forums