BellaOnline
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Hanging Tomato - 08/02/10 02:03 AM
We are having huge success with our hanging tomato! The plant is huge and growing both up and down! We also have a morning glory sharing the trellis smile

We had to build a support trellis to keep the vines from hitting the ground smile
Posted By: Angie Re: Hanging Tomato - 08/07/10 02:45 AM
Do you have any tomatoes?
Posted By: Jilly Re: Hanging Tomato - 08/16/10 12:36 AM
That's fantastic Lisa. My hanging tomato thing fell down and killed the plant. That was a bummer. At this point I have to wait until next year to try again.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Hanging Tomato - 08/21/10 11:00 PM
Yes we're growing tiny tomatoes on this and so far we've had about 10 of them turn red. We have what seems to be billions of green ones waiting for their turn smile
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Hanging Tomato - 08/21/10 11:01 PM
Jilly - it was a learning experience, sometimes things work, sometimes they don't! Last year our chamomile plant didn't make flowers, this year it made lots of them. That's the fun of gardening!
Posted By: Jilly Re: Hanging Tomato - 08/21/10 11:15 PM
Agreed. I now have three hanging baskets that I got used for a song at thrift stores - one will be for next years tomatoes, one for zucchini and one for summer squash.
Posted By: Angie Re: Hanging Tomato - 08/29/10 07:45 PM
I will not try tomatoes next year - the birds and squirrels ate most of them - they were on the deck in containers but it was just too convenient for them. I'll grow flowers and buy the veggies at the local stand.

Posted By: Maralyn Jones Re: Hanging Tomato - 09/22/10 04:02 AM
That's true....gardening is a real fun....i too had tomatoes crop and they did really well..
Posted By: Jilly Re: Hanging Tomato - 09/22/10 04:25 AM
I'll have Dan put the hanging screw in the wood when he gets out here in December - i could not get it in far enough to hold up the weight of the soil, plant and water.
© BellaOnline Forums