BellaOnline
Everyone knows that you can get a hot dog on almost any busy intersection in midtown Manhattan, but did you know that there is a growing New York City cuisine of original and "artisanal" street food based on traditional snacks from all over the world?

Read Part One of a Scrumptious Two-Part Article!
How to Eat the NEW New York City Street Food
Hi Karen:

I love watching shows filmed in New York and wonder if anyone ever has stomach issues?

Reason for asking:
At age 53, I find that I cannot be too "adventurous" with new foods like I use to when younger.

LOL, I guess I would have to travel with my antacid or something to that effect when visiting New York as it would be hard to resist tasting as much as I could.

Hugs,
A

Hi Angela,

You're too funny! Actually there are two things to remember about eating most of these foods:

1) Don't overeat! When food is super tasty, with strong flavors people tend to overdue it. Even though it's "street food" it's rich.

And 2) find a place to sit down and eat. I hate to eat standing up or walking around (which people do all of the time). This will most certainly give you indigestion. I guess that's why we have so many parks and outdoor seating in New York!

Thanks for reading,
Karen
Hi Karen:

Awesome, love your tips - now I am ready for my visit. I will make sure to let you know when I go and what happens wink

Hugs,
A
© BellaOnline Forums